Reflections of A Princess

Monday, July 25, 2005

A Century Year Old Problem....

Last night I saw a re-run of Oprah's show about men who cheat on their wives.....When I'd first seen what the show was about...I rolled my eyes and said...enough already with analyzing men....More re-runs on a subject that we just won't understand....paleeze! I turned off the TV before the show began (incase I'd end up intrigued) and decided to read a book instead. Funny enough, it didn't take long when the messages began from girlfriends asking if I was watching Oprah. Naturally, my curiosity got the better of me and so reluctantly I turned the TV back on....I watched.....getting a lump in my throat when the woman described how devastating it felt....and the husband holding her hand and saying that he hadn't thought how much it would hurt her.....YA THINK???!!! She had forgiven him....I personally wanted to jump into my TV set and clobber him....but...vat to do!!! Sick! I did tell my friend during the show that I just didn't want to believe that all men were like that since I'd probably never get a good night's rest for the rest of my life....so she stated that she did know men that weren't like that...(I sighed in relief) I sincerely hope so.....Mind you...the reason I feel so passionately about it is...well....most women have been there....and it's sad when you know that men at the time aren't really thinking of you and the pain you're gonna go through!....PERIOD!....so why do woman always have to suffer and feel stupid when lied to?...Men may jump up and say women do it too....but I somehow sense that it must've taken a lot more from her to do it...i.e. her husband was beating her up or he's been cheating for so long, she gave up and decided this was bitter sweet revenge.....There's just too many emotions in a women's heart to get up and do this without somehow having been related to some man.....On the other hand....men aren't really thinking of anything...except...well...I won't say it but one can imagine what it is.....So...what makes a man do it?...or is it just a habit men have done for centuries and we women have yet to accept it?....Bottom line.....we always seem to get the back end of the bargain....Was it because Eve convinced Adam about the apple so our gender's been paying the price ever since? OR.....were we really powerful women many eons away and the tables turned so it's pay back time for men? Worse, were we powerful women who made men suffer and this is our karmic lesson for devious deeds we did ourselves?....Whatever it is....there must be a justified reason why the one being that brings life into this world has to suffer this way...surely this can't be fair....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home