Reflections of A Princess

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Back to Life..A Fish Out of Water...

It's amazing what a little traveling can do to the soul...Ending up in Lebanon was the perfect anecdote to bring me back to sanity..What more can a person ask for than great weather, beautiful people and musical nights to put a smile on your face....The thing that amazes me is when I put on my jeans and a tank top...I never felt uneasy...no sleazy stares...just a look of appreciation here and there...there was a sense of freedom that I never do get to feel at home..(sadly)....Man I love Lebanon...just the place to make it ok to be an Arab without the complications of culture coming to haunt you and make you feel bad...not that I don't love my culture...I swear by it and love it...but just having the middle ground is so exhilarating...I love it! The only sad part is that feeling of being a fish out of water...how can I feel more me in Lebanon...when I'm not from there...yet feel like a fish out of water back home...I suppose the only thing to do is go to Lebanon more often!

The great news is that I also got three marriage proposals...given they were from the male hairdresser, the waiter and a complete stranger down the street...but it felt good...Ever notice how the probability of seeing a good looking guy in Lebanon is a 9 out of ten...while sadly in Kuwait its basically down to none...except that once when I was at the jabriya gas station...the guy was right behind me...I was about to get down to fill my car up...when he walked up to my car and grabbed the pump...I thought that was so sweet...but naturally I was too frozen in shock to move...he was good looking and thoughtful...he was perfect...having had no experience in these situations...I drove up to pay for the gas and left...and he was gone...just like that...no sign of him...now the one time you get to meet an Angel...he happens to have the decency to do something nice with nothing in return...DAMNNNN! I could've just killed myself...well..whoever you are...thanks...and now...come back...come back...

Oh well...until then....I'm back to life..I suppose I have my facials, massages and pedicures to make me feel better...at least we have that ladies!

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, Blogger Devilish said...

Dont u know his car # !?

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

ok...for future's sake...if I'd written down his car number...what would I do next? I mean...are these things listed somewhere??..I'm honestly lost here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home