Reflections of A Princess

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Shiddee 7ailich?

Everytime I remember that the summer is over..I kinda cringe...oh my God...back to the same old routine...work...work..work...and if you can manage a few nice outings with friends...but the hardest part is having to face my parent's parties...it's not that they're boring...it's just the pressure of it all...I'll never forget the time when my mother was introducing my sisters and I to this lady standing at the door..."This is daughter number one...she is married to so and so and has four kids...And this is daughter number two...she is married to so and so and she has three kids...and this is daughter number three...(blank...no comment...)"....naturally...I felt insulted...don't I get any credit for anything...so I shook the lady's hand and said "I just got promoted..."...(of course my sisters understood what I was trying to say and giggled)..My poor mother also understood and she must've felt guilty because she suddenly began to brag..."yes...she also writes poetry...let me show you some of her poems!"...by then I'm rolling my eyes!....Never mind I would say!....But the worst is not yet over....The lady looks at me and says "Yalla...Shiddee 7ailich"....Can somebody please tell me what the hell does "shiddee 7ailich" mean??...I mean for heaven's sake...what am I supposed to do...you can shidde 7ailich at work...you can shidee 7ailich at sports...you can shidde 7ailich in school...but how the hell are you supposed to shiddee 7ailich and get married....it's not like it's something you can actually shiddee 7ailich doing..is it?...I mean if we go by the concept of "Naseeb" it would happen just like that...sa7?...So how am I supposed to shidd 7aily balla??...I remember recently watching the movie "Hitch" by Will Smith....there was this really cute part where a bunch of women are sitting down in front of an empty chair...then suddenly a bunch of men walk in and they each get to sit for a few minutes with each lady and talk to them to see if there's any chemistry or interest...now wouldn't that be an interesting concept if we did it in Kuwait? Can you just imagine??...Even though it's a cute idea to be able to meet men...but I just get this feeling that it wouldn't work in Kuwait....besides...the men would probably say..."well...if she was going to date me...then she might also date somebody else too"...and blah..blah...blah...I'm telling you there's just no winning here! Bottom line if I hear another hair raising "Shiddee 7alich"...I'm gonna throw up...Unless someone tells me exactly how does a girl "Shid 7ailha"...I plan to block the whole comment out of my head...oh...and by the way...if it means going out more and socializing...paleeeze....you tell me where do 30 something guys go around here?? And I'm not talking about the ones just looking out for a good time...I'm talking about those looking for someone to grow old with...they definitely aren't out at the parties still reliving their pathetic teenage lives...nor are they at Marina Mall or at Starbucks Sal7iya...trust me...these are the ones that you'd wanna stay away from 'coz they most likely already have a package at home...and who needs that complication thank you very much! Again...I repeat....if you're a married person...please don't tell a single person to Shidee 7ailhom...unless you plan to fix them up with someone...do us all a favor and keep that comment to yourself...that way we can all live happily ever after with you instead of hating your guts for getting on our nerves! Shiddee 7ailich!...Really now...how cruel can a person be..it's like being drilled at the dentist and he suddenly hits a nerve....eewwww....that's how bad it feels...so please....do us a favor and spare us! Thank you very much!

8 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Puppylove said...

Hi princess...
Soooooooooooooooooo true what u said...u have said everything i say 4 ages almost everday 2 almost everybody...i'm soooooooooooo frustrated, & when they see u attractive, they feel sorry 4 u that ur not married...WHAT IS THAT??!! there r ugly girls & stupid who happen 2 be MARRIED??!!!
AARRRGGG!!! that has nothing 2 do with it except that our men r insecure & afraid of smart good-lookin women...who BTW can be better then them!

And I read ur "Al-Qabas Story"
Also true....& its stressing me out!!! I should do like u!!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger ArtFiNaLe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger ArtFiNaLe said...

True to a certain extent.. but i don't fully agree to be honest :)
Now.. are all men that bad? :P
Pink, hadday a39abech :)

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

pink bubblegum...isn't it just great to know that we're not alone...group hug...we shall overcome my dear...when...I have no clue...but we shall one day!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Peach said...

lol
my grandpa usually pesters me about getting married. I just laugh it off and say: Inshaaaaaaallah .. I got an add in the papers looking for a guy and every after noon I go out with a broom looking for one .. when I find him .. I'll let u know ;)
or sometiimes I say .. wallah fi sa6rat mi3arees 3al bab bas ana ga3da atdala3 lol ..
Try a little sarcasm .. it helps ;)
Try that lol

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Puppylove said...

Miss cosmo:
Yes group (((((((((HUG)))))))))
LOLOLOLOL

Peach:
Yeah, i use that same line 2...
But they still say..."its not a joke"!!
LOLOLOLOL

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Misguided said...

Dear Princess,

Just a thought..but my latest post may interest you.

A reader asked me that exact question last January...you may be interested in my answer.

Truly,

Misguided

 

Post a Comment

<< Home