Reflections of A Princess

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Never Trust a Prostitute or a Pimp...

Ok...I don't mean to dish men out everytime I write...and as one artist pointed out...they're not all bad...but I was recently catching up with a very nice friend of mine...she'd gotten married when we were in high school together and basically we'd lost touch over the years...(she was married..I was single...that's what usually happens)...anyway...the sad story goes...is that she'd went searching for me because she needed some advise....she was depressed...sad...upset...you name it...and what was her problem you may ask...her husband of 20 years had recently gotten married to a young girl...and I prefer not to mention what nationality this girl was from...but let's just say from the unfortunate ones...ya3ni itzawaj 3alaiha basically and the excuse was that she was a poor girl that needed him...(whatever!)...My friend informed me that she'd heard through the grapevine that the girl was actually a really "bad" girl...actually the word she used was a prostitute and that she'd been planning to land herself a rich Kuwaiti husband....(as if it's that easy...we plan all the time...and it's not like it happens!...again...whatever!)...So anyway...my friend mentioned that wife number two had friends in her business and they were Kuwaiti girls and that they'd called up my friend and told her "not to worry...we're very upset at her and we're going to tell your husband that his wife number two is actually a "professional"...my advise to my friend was to stay away from these girls because if there's something I know is a saying I heard and that is "Never trust a prostitute or a pimp"! I knew my friend was desperate but it was true...how where we to know if this friend of wife number two was just jealous and was planning to take the husband in the first place...right?? What killed me in the process was her putting all the blame on wife number two...now give me a break...was the husband so stupid or not mentally stable that he didn't know what he was doing...why is it that we women always tend to blame the other women rather than the man who took the decision...this I'll never get!!!...The guy is old enough...educated enough...smart enough to have made business transactions that made him rich...and now suddenly...he's lost his brains and she "gasat 3alaih????"...in other words...it's not his fault????...(I tell you...I thought I had problems...and wanting to get married and all...but what a mess...)...Single life seems like paradise compared to this....the only advise I could give her was to find ways to higher her self-esteem...i.e. go to the gym...get a hobby...start a business of your own...get creative...I know it's never easy for a woman...but at the end of the day...should our lives be over?...I don't think so..I told her that sadly this happens in Kuwait all the time...I mean the other day I was reading I believe Al-Rai El 3am and they had a story about a woman asking for advise too...she was an English Language teacher...and one day the father of a student came to tell her that he liked her teaching methods....one thing led to another...they got married...then two years later...his brothers told him that he should go back to his first wife and kids..and so he left wife number two and went back to his originally family...the teacher wanted advise on what to do?....I say honey...bad karma brings bad karma...get with the program girl...pick yourself up and move on...she'd lucky that she didn't get any kids from him! Anyway...back to my friend...I gave my advise...hopeing it was the right thing to say...of course when I told her about the article in the paper...she cheered up because she hoped her husband would do the same...except...wife number two was clever enough to have already gotten a kid from him...and now there's a package to worry about...there's just way too many things one can say about this whole scenario...but for now...I'll leave it to you my dear reader to figure it out...as for me...well..let's just say I have a whole new appreciation to my single life...as they say....ga3da bait ahalich em3azaza we emkarama...why would I want to step into a world that with one mistake...I get to be the "forgotten one" and worry about what wife number two looks like...where she comes from and what does she have that I don't have....talk about wasted energy....oh...and about men...well...my only wish is that they'd once and for all figure out what it feels like when they do that to their wives...maybe one day the wheels will turn and we'll live in a world when a woman can have more than one husband...and I wonder then what the men would feel..now that's a interesting scenario to contemplate on....in the meantime....I suppose today I'll spend it celebrating my singlehood and just keep giving advise like I know it all....as if!!!!!

7 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Peach said...

wow! That's just sad!
I always thanked god for being sigle .. Thank god again! and again! and again!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Puppylove said...

oh my god, we have alot of those stories in q8...i wanna get married 2, but at the same time i always thank god 4 being single...i would go crazy if i new my husband would do that 2 me...
And yes they should try 2 be in our shoes 4 a while...& see how that feels...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Reema said...

I've heard no make that seen stories similar to this one and much worse, really awful and it's sad to see that some men are just plain players. Just remembered something, when my friend's husband cheated on her she asked him why did he do it and he simply said, "because most men think with their (ahem) rather then their brains" so true

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

I hear you ladies...and guess what was the last thing my friend told me just before we got off the phone..."yalla...mita ebnifra7 feech?"....Can you imagine?? After what she just told me...you'd think she'd stop saying that!! Oh well...another one bites the dust!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

Not all men are like that :P
The reason you hear about those stories is that happily married people have no need to go telling everybody we are happy! They are busy enjoying their marriage while those with problems they have the need to tell so that is why we think failed marriages are a majority!
And still not all men are like that :P

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Puppylove said...

Hopeless poet:
But it is the majority...cuz it happens 2 almost everybody around us...from aunts, sisters, cousins, friends...almost everbody...

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Reema said...

samboose: True fairy tales do happen that's how i met my knight in shining armour ;)
(also going on 4 years of marriage)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home