Reflections of A Princess

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Sense & Sensitivity....


When I was a kid, I remember watching movies with my parents and the moment there's a sad scene, my Dad would giggle in an attempt to cover up his tears. My Mom would then pat him on the back, roll her eyes then shake her head and turn to us to say "Obookom wayed 7assas". The fact was my Mom was just as sensitive but being a Scorpio, she did a great job at covering it up.

As I observed other family members, I realized that the sensitivity was actually in all of us but each one expressed differently and depended on the subject. For example, one sister is very sensitive about her career. She can talk passionately about it for hours and if she had an issue at the office, you might even see her cry about it!...I call her the Drama Queen, she actually cries just about everything but the career is what really triggers her.

On the other hand, I have a sister who I call the Ice Queen. Throughout my life I've never seen her cry. I knew she was sensitive but miraculously would store the information for future reference while holding herself together with not one tear. Amazingly enough, fate would have it that the day she had kids, a waterfountain was born! She became so sensitive to her children's needs/wants and so forth that the moment someone didn't comply to her children she'd cry a river! Who would've thought? An Ice Queen turned Mother Goose!

Then there's my independent sister who takes after my mother; sensitive but you'd hardly know it. She's been labeled the "Oh Well..Whatever" sister unless it's related to something she was organizing. Though she keeps her sensitivity in tact and bottled up where she believes it belongs, she'll freak out when things are not going according the way she visualized it. Ever heard of a bride who carried a color coded file on every step of her wedding including assignments for every family member?! If things didn't go her way, you know it meant a downpour. Well, to be fair the other time you'd see her cry is during some sappy commercial! (Sister dearest if you're reading this don't get mad, I love you just the way you are!..:)

She kinda reminds me of The Don. In one his posts he'd complained things weren't going his way lately. He realized he was trying to control things and that he should take things day by day. I totally agreed with him but I never did comment. Know why? Ever since he hurt my feelings by saying something silly to me on one of his posts, I never comment there anymore. That's how sensitive I am!

I've been labeled MissCosmo, The Sensitive One! Although it used to bother me when my Mom would accuse me of being "too sensitive". I've realized that it's nothing to be ashamed of. Afterall, I'd rather be "too sensitive" than INsensitive. Wouldn't you agree?

Oh...and speaking of you, what issue would trigger your sensitive buds?

Quote of the day "Only a fool knows everything. A wiseman knows how little he knows"

21 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger nanonano said...

أنا بالموضوع كلّه ما عجبني شي غير

Quote of the day "Only a fool knows everything. A wiseman knows how little he knows"

يا ليت الرياييل الكويتيين يفهمون هالشي

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Ice queen ha ;)

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger AyyA said...

Being sensitive is really annoying at times. As for me I am a very sensitive person, but that had cost me a lot in my life. I wished at times I had not been so sensitive. But nevertheless; I have learned to live with it by looking at the whole picture every time I’m faced with issues I’m vulnerable to. This reduced the importance of the event that affected me and eventually I forgot about it. Let me give you an example:
Sometime back, one of my brothers said a very nasty word to me in front of the whole family including his wife. I was very hurt, but I’m not the type that has a ready answer, so I just stopped talking to him, but everyone felt the tension. For two days the thing bothered me, but then I said to my self, hey, by doing this he only degraded himself and not me. Then I went about my errands to a point that I forgot the whole incident. On our next family meeting I saw him and said hi with a big smile, not remembering how I was hurt a week before till I saw the surprised look on every body’s face including him.
Being sensitive only hurts you honey, try to overcome it or at least lessen it.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

7ayati I loved this post :*
Oh and I loved the Ice Queen turned Mother Goose!
Anyway, I love your sensitivity and I don't think I have ever known anyone who is 'sensitive' be ma3na ilkalima apart from you. It makes you unique. When people say I watched X movie and I couldn't stop from crying I can be a little skeptical, but when you say that I KNOW you're serious.
As for me, I am very sensitive, but I usually keep it to myself and I forget about my sensitivities quickly. What gets me crying? Itha a7ad thilamny.
Finally, I apologise deeply for the Cat & Mouse game that we've been playing lately, and believe me I have an excuse. :)

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

MissCosmo, check your mail please..

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

you mentioned something about scorpios being able to hide their sensitivity. WRONG!! I cry about everything and anything. In fact I dont just cry I cry waterfalls. inhiyar.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Samboose...glad I made you laugh and you're right...Indian movies sure make us all cry!!..:)

nanonano....ya lait we bass!!..Chain zein!

purg..:)

ayya...glad I'm not alone in this..it kills me when I have to mad at someone..and the minute I'm not..I feel much better...i have to say I've improved over the years..but overcoming it completely is still a continuous work in progress..:)...but you know what...ayya...your sensativity shows in your blog and that's why you have a beautiful one..:)

DR...7ajiya habeebti...wainich?? miss you wayed...glad you liked the post habeebti..I'm so touched..:)..I know you're sensitive and that's why I love you..:)..call me when you can...:)....7'al9eena min emti7anatich hathee...ma 9arat...walahna 3alaich habeebti..:)

The Don...please check yours..

a3sab habeebti..shows that you're a passionate woman...not that we didn't know that...:)...and most likely you're rising sign is a pisces..:)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jan6a said...

I don't think insensetive people exist. I thinks its how you deal with sensetive issues (like whether you decide to express it or keep it in) that defines your degree of sensetiviity. Weeh that was a mouthful.
Okay so back to your question- what triggers my sensetive buds? The "Shfeech" question! A'7 it drives me crazy. If you leave me be I can keep everything bottled up for an eternity (eventually turning into a growing avalanche). Yeah so its people asking me "Shfeech, 3asha mashar. La feech shay. Shfeeech Shfeech Shfeech!"

Oh but I don't cry in front of the Shfeech people, I basically scream out in rage - find my space and let it out.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Temetwir said...

misscosmo i had to read the thing abt ur mother being a scorpion 3 times before i got it .. DO U MAKE THIS STUFF UP OR DO U ACTUALLY READ IT heh

and i thought what ur sister did with the color-file was smaaart, got pics? why dont u call her Monica hehe

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

jan6a...oh my God..I have a friend that always asks...eshfeech....and it drives me nuts too!! Shesalfa...you think it's a conspiracy against us??

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Temy...LOL...yes..actually...I've read enough to make me an expert at it...everybody's got his/her own passions..and horoscopes happen to be one of mine..:)...and you're absolutely right...she is sooo a Monica...including the catering and cooking part..:)

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Sambooose....you're liking this aren't ya....heheheheh..:)

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger MSB said...

when i was younger, i was extremely sensitive. then that changed & i got to a point where if someone said anything to me, i'd have the response ready.. which turned me into somewhat of a sarcastic cynic; ouch!

now i realize, whatever. life's too short to get overly emotional. we're all going to die and at the end, we're all held accountable for our deeds. let those who hurt me try to justify their actions to Rab El3alameen.. i actually get thawab by just shaking my head and saying "7asbee Allah wa n3m elwakeel!" - BONUS!

I might get upset initially, but i quickly shake it off and move on. the one thing that i will NOT tolerate under any circumstances though, is someone disrespecting my family. that's when all hell breaks lose! :)

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

msb...you are sooo right! Edfa3 belatee heya a7san...that's wonderful that you can do that...and disrespecting my family is definately a trigger for me too!

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Dr.Lost said...

i agree with what u said.. it is better 2 be sensitive of course..
i tagged u misscosmo.. check it out and post up the tag!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

i am too sensitive to even comment on this post <<< hope i made a point.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Temetwir said...

samboose yeah! heheh charlotte is my fav 3ad definitely the more refined

misscosmo gotta love a woman who is both organized and knows her food ..
abt the horoscopes, im really not that big a fan but hit me, as u know ana il 7oot .. "what am i" in the horoscope terms?

 
At 4:45 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

pinky...welcome! aint it just!!

Dr. lost...glad you agreed...but I would've never doubted that you would..;)...as for the tag...I'm still considering my options...:)

Flam...LOL...you're point is definately understood...and trust me...that's exactly how envisioned you to be...an adorable, sensitive human being..:)

temy...I am honored that you'd ask such a question...but don't laugh...this is strictly what all pisces/al 7oot are analysed to be and I do not have a hidden agenda to judge you or play words with you....so here goes...the typical 7oots are:

Intellegint people with an ability to solve complex problems, have open minds that would consider most possibilites and explore most suggestions, they outrank all signs with their creativity and vision...according to Forbes magazine...the highest percentage of millionairs in the world are from burj el 7oot....

so what do you think? Do any of these attributes have any truth to them in your case?

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

misscosmo u tell me :)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Misguided said...

Dear Miss Cosmo,

Great Post. Loved it.

Let me see... what would make me cry..

I hate to admit it but I kinda choke up but don't break out in tears... WAIT!

OK this is sooo lame.

This year a good friend left to study abroad.. and I got all choked up at the airport.

There! I admit... Goodbye's get me everytime!

truly,
Misguided

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

temy...if that doesn't describe you..I don't know what does!!..;)

misguided...ohh..thank you! I'm so glad you liked it...and how sweet...I don't think it's lame at all...goodbyes make me cry too..to the point that I end up not going to airports 'coz they depress me too much...I mean just watching people say goodbye to each other gets me to cry!...yeesh!...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home