Reflections of A Princess

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

True Kuwait Hollywood Story...

The only time I ever get to read Arabic magazines i.e. Al-Yaqaza (as spelt by them) is when I'm sitting at the hairdresser waiting for my henna/7ammam zait to dry....so there I was picking one up the other day. On the cover and to my surprise was the actress Zahra 3arafat (the Ramadan icon who was in various programs simultaneously) dressed up in a wedding dress next to her groom, the actor Khaled Ameen.

Ok...so it's no big deal..I was just surprised 'coz they made a cute couple in the picture but I just felt that Zahra was more of a wild girl underneath it all and she wouldn't go for a traditional guy...but what do I know...I only know these people in Ramadan and that's just once a year..so who cares!

Fast forward to the next week...I'm standing at our booth at the book fair and I see Khaled Ameen walking around and coming towards our booth!!! I was pretty amazed with the coincidence since I never read magazine and I only just saw...etc..etc...

As he approached our booth, I whispered to my friend "Only in Kuwait is a famous actor walking around in public and nobody gives a shit!"....just as soon as I'd finished the sentence...he was standing right next to me asking about some books...

Now me...being the forward person that I can be sometimes...and sometimes forget about the preconceived ideas people get about forward people...I bluntly said..."Enta mo tawak tizawajt?" (didn't you just get married?)...he laughed and said "la...mo 9a7ee7...hatha bass chithy 7ag el nass"...so I looked at him curiously and he continued "e7na emsaween chithy 3an qa9d...ne6ray....fee ba3ad juz2 thany we fee thalith!" i.e. this story was actually BS and was made up for the fans... a three series story for the hell of it I suppose...

By now the disgust is clearly showing on my face so he smiles to me as I turn to talk to my colleagues and ignore him...so he finally leaves....

Ok...it's two things...either what he was saying was actually true and therefore very stupid...how silly to play Hollywood..what are you..Tom Cruise and whatever the hell his chick's name is...next he'll be standing on Haleema Boland's couch shouting A7IBHAAAA!!....OR....this guy actually did get married but wanted me to believe that it was only a story...which in reality....in both cases SUCK....what's up with that dude???!!!

Do you really think they figured they could play a Tom Cruise on us?

This post seems silly...who bloody cares about this...but it pissed me off...or is it just me? Why am I getting pissed off about the darnest stupidest things...ok..I need a vacation...and if I end up at the Spa..I'll make sure I don't pick up another Yaqaza....(I mean what kind of spelling is that??!!..Yaqaza..sucks..write it Yaqatha or something...ooff...Whatever!

14 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Jewaira said...

Hahaha sorry but that was amusing. Always read that kind of news with an extra tablespoon of salt.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jan6a said...

Which one is Khaled Ameen? I just saw whats it called 3adeel Elroo7, was he in it by any chance?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Hahahahahahaaahahaha!
U made me laugh!
This is not the first time they pull a stunt like this, Ilham al Futhala and A7med Iraj did it once b4. And the whole point is to seel magazines. Funnily enough, last weds my mom and i were in the maktaba and she saw the cover and actually picked it up and bought it. I told her it wasnt true, she wouldnt believe me. We were going to our grandpaents house and she just had take the mag with her and share this 'oh so important' new gossip with the ladies. They told her it wasnt true, THEN she believed them. Am i such a bad source of information or something?? hehehe anyway....thats it....

oh and khaled ameen is not very traditional :P or so ive heard

rumours rumours rumours :P

im as bad as the ppl in my post

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Nooni said...

LOL and you said ana mo 9a7ya ;P

gurl you got pissed off with this yaqatha!!! il yaqatha ma3roofa kilaha kharboo6a marboo6a 3ajeena ma3foosa!
you thought it was marie clair !!

agool why didnt you told him (6a3 hatha! )LOOOL

man i can hear your voice LOOL

sorry girl great amusment il 9ara7a yabeelich bosa

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

ayshaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.. what losers..

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

all the while i was thinking abt zahra el kharjy ..

the arabic magazines i see all have:
- one BIIIIIIG face.. not a woman. a FACE

- that face is most often times than not .. err .. unattractive (?)

- headlines r in yellow or red .. with big ass fonts, but not as big as the face

- these headlines include every SINGLE topic inside .. GASEB ESHTARAW EL MAJALA? YAKHI MABI

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Baroque said...

hehe i know.. ;P
they are so0o0o corny!
i think they are trying to copy the Papparatzi or something..
lo0l ;)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Caffeinated said...

Never stop being forward, Miss Cosmo . It's a very attractive feature and it commands respect. :-) Wishing you the best, always.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger A3sab said...

llooooooooooooool
on 7alima boland's sofa shouting a7ibhaaaaa!!!!
badda3tay. looooooool.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger cosimfree911 said...

wow whats goin on with you laish ga3daa taktebean 3aan kel al loosers on tv ;P


y3nee what you think some one like him ganna be BIG LOOSER :P

haa eshloan alma3ra9' weyaach inshalaa you had fun there

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

Isn't Zahraa 3arafat already married to a Bahraini guy and she already has a daughter old enough to be at least in the last year of higschool?

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

jewaira...soo coool I made you laugh!..all this extra tablespoons of salt have made my mouth very dry!...:)

jan6a...he wasn't in 3adeel elroo7 but he usually acts like the good guy and the mathloom..anybody remember what was he in?? (the only reason I knew his name was the magazine..LOL)

DR..hi 7ajiya habeebti...thanks for the input..I know who to go to whenever I need the latest scoop on stuff...hehehehe..mwaaaa...

judiyooo....habeebti...Allah....7addah wanasa...I made you laugh??...that's sooo cool...entay 7'o el tha7ka 6i6la3 betufag!..LOL!

snoookie...eee walla...totally agree!

temetwir...right on target...as usuall!..:)

Charisma....7elwa papparazi....el wed wedhum!

caffeinated...welcome habeebti...thanks babe...forward is Scorpios middle name...and you're right...it is an attractive feature...especially when it's one hot scorpion babe...;)

a3sab...heheheh...you like???...I'm sooo glad...etha a3sab tigool bada3t...sij esh3alayyyyy!..;)

cosim...el ma3ta9' 6ala3 roo7ee eb3eed 3anak...I hope to never repeat the experience...kilish mo shay!....I preferred civilization...and sadly it didn't exist fee al ma3ra9'!...and you're right...what's up with me and TV...mo china baroo7 akadim watheefa fee al ray...eshrayek?..laaaa bacher bloggers ye6anazon 3alai...6aff! :)

hopeless poet..Allah 7ayo!...la yubba...i believe she's been divorced for a while..but she does have kids...

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Truth Seeker said...

this isn't any different than from what happens in hollywood, take it from someone who's lived there a long time.

It's called a publicity stunt, and it seems that Kuwait's adopted the old american proverb "Any publicity is good publicity".

Peace.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

yesterday i got a phone call at work from my sister telling me about this marriage, ya3ni etbashirni! :P and then my colleague who seems to have read the new issue wronged her. silly and i hate such mags. and like you, i mostly flip them at the saloon hehehe or at work from colleagues too.

mako a7la min cosmo ;)

and the way you ignored him? LOL badda3tay, very straight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home