Reflections of A Princess

Monday, November 21, 2005

Who Is Mohammed Makdasi?

After a long, hard day at work, I threw myself on the bed too exhausted to do anything. The only energy I had was to pick up my remote control and switch on the TV.

My favorite channel MBC 4 had "Days of Our Lives" and since I'm not a fan of soap operas, I switched to my next favorite, MBC 2. Sadly, the movie "Spice World" was on and I was not about to waste a precious hour to watch a rerun of the Spice Girls. Thank you very much!

In desperation, I decided to see what's up with Kuwait. reruns of Ramadan programs...not in this life!! Sports...nope..news..I don't think so....finally, I landed on Al-Ray TV, I let go of the remote.

Sitting on the couch, surrounded with five young presenters was a young man that I couldn't quite tell where he was from. His hair was longer than average, stylish with blonde streaks, his skin was flawless and his features were precise. In fact, his overall demeanor was too elegant. His voice soft and rhythmic, calm if you will. He seemed so perfected that one would secretly wonder if he was gay but then again artists always looked that way. As I concentrated to hear his accent, it was Kuwaiti.

I listened intently to figure this person out. He..impressively rarely switched to English which some Educated (seen the world people) artists tend to do.(not that I would complain..considering I tend to switch disappointingly myself!)

As they returned from the commercial break, the presented said.."We continue our 7ewar ma3a Al Doctor was al fannan Mohammed Al-Makdasi...I was stunned...a Doctor?

I later heard them say that he was also a painter and a singer...and they presented us with his video clip...funny enough...it turned out to be in English...and not bad..he also had a blonde chick with him who..if I'm not mistaken was named Charisma!!!..

The presenters asked and asked question after question...clearly impressed by this man...and I have to say...the whole thing raised my curiosity...anybody out there know...Who is the real Mohammed Makdasi and what is his story?

P.S. I am happy to report that my friend did find her dog, he was found inside the fences of the Bayan Palace...I guess he wanted to be Royalty for a change!!

12 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Shurouq said...

Hatha??!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Nooni said...

eeeeew not that!!!

im glad she found her pet :) aaah :)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Baroque said...

hehe ;P~
Charisma seems to be a popular name hal ayam.. LoL!

as for the guy, sorry he looks like a model/gay/trying hard to look like a starving artist ;P~

he looks wacko0!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger cosimfree911 said...

I just saw the pics Shurouq linked

is that for real you wrote all this for this thing !!!! sorry but i cant say any thing more
but if you think hes a gay no that not true HE IS A GAY there is no need for thinking ;)

oo yaa its nice that ur friend found her dog that was the best part of ur post ;P

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

lol shurouq!!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

No sugarcoma, his parents are BOTH kuwaiti. :)

where did that come from???

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

sugarcoma...welcome and thanks!...I knew the name makdasi was originally palestinian s=but wanted confirmation about this dude...thanks for confirming that!

shurouq...YEP! that's the one!

judy abbot..habeebti...they told me that you'd be the expert incase she didn't find him!

charisma...I was gonna mention in the post..."do you think it's our Charisma" but then I thought I might blow your cover...hehehehe! He does look wacko doesn't he...wonder how, what made him who he is today??

cosimfree911...I only wrote about him 'coz I was curious after watching the interview and the presenters made him sound like he was some BIG CHEESE...so I wanted to know his story...and you're right...he is definately gay...but I was trying to be polite..:)...thanks for thinking finding the dog was the best part...that's so sweet..;)

DR...OH really?? Isn't the name makdasi originally palestinian??

Samboose...habeebti...you should've seen the way he was talking...he was actually putting on a husky voice and practically whispering..I really had to concerntrate to hear what he was saying!...thanks for the FAQ...you are too funny....seriously working on it...but hoping to keep it inspiring...:)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jan6a said...

I don't know why I simply can't imagine him talkin with a Kuwaiti Kuwaiti accent. Were his hands all over the place (dramatic hand gestures a la Kuwaiti soap opera style)

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Equalizer said...

What royalty?!!!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

I think you have just wasted a whole post on him :P

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

jan6a...I know...I was pretty shocked that he was!

Equalizer...never mind!

hopeless poet..you're absolutely right...i need to update fast!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Nooni said...

wa6 r u talkn ant girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home