Reflections of A Princess

Monday, February 27, 2006

Parents Day At The Movies

I really hate posts that are full of negative stuff..but sometimes one just can't help what he/she feels...so here goes...

The other day, as I was sitting with my parents, my Mother asked me what was playing in the cinemas..she was thinking of taking my Dad to watch a movie since they haven't done that in ages...I was pretty excited for them...so I slowly went over the steps on my Mom's PC to show her how she can reserve her seats and pay for them through KNCC.

The whole process took some patience but I enjoyed it thoroughly since my Mother gets very excited when she learns something new that is internet related. I explained that once she got to the cinema, she'll have to put her credit card through the machine and blah..blah..blah...I told her that if she had any problems to ask anyone there since they're pretty helpful.

Two days had past since then and I had gotten pretty busy but kept wondering why my mother never mentioned the movie which wasn't like her...

When I finally walked into work today, I asked her.

"I didn't want to tell you" she said.

My first thought was that they missed the movie because she couldn't figure out getting the tickets but that wasn't it.

"I got the tickets and I was very proud of myself when the tickets came out and we went and sat on our seats. Unfortunately, we sat infront of two women with a ten year old boy who kept kicking our seats and finally grabbed and pulled at your fathers gutra!" I sat as I listened with my mouth wide open. It looked like it was about to get worse.

My Mom is never one to let such behavior pass so she apparently turned around and told the mother to tell her kid to stop bugging them. The woman ignored her and this continued until the movie ended.

As they came to leave the movie, my Mom went to the ladies room and as she came out, she found the two women standing around my Dad and screaming their heads off at him.

She said the whole scene was so ugly and my Dad being the quite type just wanted to go home (which is something I appreciate though I often want him to go out more which was the whole point of my Mom taking him to the damn movies!)...

My Mom said the women kept yelling and screaming and saying profound words that neither of my parents felt comfortable dealing with.

"Entay mino emfakra nafsich o yaya wiya raylich ba3ad"...she

"Laish ma etgolee 7ag wildich ena ye7terum nafsa" my Mom

"Laaaaa...wentay shakoo?"...

Apparently, it went on and on for a while until it got so bad that my Mom and Dad finally walked away. The weird thing is when my Mom called out the driver's name, the other woman had followed them and started calling out our driver's name too...

esh hal ta7'aluf!!!

etc..etc..etc...we've all seen enough drama of that sort...but I was so upset that my parents who were looking so forward to such an outing for a change yet had been faced with such ugliness..I tell you....is there no running away from such people...UGH!

The worst part is that my Dad is such a peaceful type and I just couldn't imagine any younger women being able to behave like that towards him...partly because he looks distinguished and partly 'coz he's an older man....3aib...walla 3aib...ma buga 7aya fee el balad!

All I regretted was not having taught my Mom how to take pictures from her mobile..that way she could've taken a picture of that stupid B@#$CH and I'd be out looking for her now!...or at least posted her damn picture with this post...ARRGHHHHHGHHH...

10 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

i know how it 'feels', happened to my dad once while i was with him (young girl slash bitch, late 20s) she sweared at him like it was NOTHING .. rather not go into it

elwaalid always tells me اذا دعتك قدرتك على الناس فتذكر قدرة الله عليك

i try to be as accepting as my dad is b hal mawagif, and im slowly getting there (or so i claim), but for the time being madri shsalfety dayman emsarga3 kela bat'hawash

ur dad = my kinda guy

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger MiYaFuSHi said...

Wow! Some people just thrive on negativity.

These kinds of people are best ignored.

Just give them a dirty look and walk away.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Sweetie sorry your parents went through this horrifying experience. It is the precise reason I continue to boycott Kuwaiti cinemas. Its not the censored movies that bother me so much, its the junk that I'm surrounded by.

Its sad that two people can't go out to do a normal thing in peace, without having to deal with obnoxious trash.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jacqui said...

They should try the Laila Gallery Cinema though, it's supposedly a bit expensive but very relaxing with couches instead of cinema chairs and such. Or better yet go to some of the other cinemas, my ultimate favorite is Muhallab, and always 2 weeks after the first showing of the movie.

But it sucked, people these days! Ugh :r

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jan6a said...

mayistahal Bu-cosmo. Next time tag along as their body guard buddy bs inshala all goes smoothly or ends with a bang (ur fist knockin out the bitch)

Friggin khama kilmukaan!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Typical reaction from that lady! She was a perfect example on how narrow minded parents like her can get! No manners, and not a good mom in general! You can tell just by looking at the kid! There are men that are just like her so don't think for one minute that I am attacking women! I'm not!

An example of men would be from last year when I made a kid clean my car after he sprayed it with foam and his dad came up to me asking what I was doing and he went of on me! Would you like to guess what happened?

I'll check back here to see if you do?!

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

temetwir...thank you for the words of support...and your Dad sounds like a great guy too...I guess we both are emsarga3een 'coz I know if I was there...it would've gotten really bad!...but you're right...we oughta be more like them...and I'm sure you'll get there soon...if I knew one determined man who knows what he wants...it's you!..so you'll get there..:)


miya...eee walla..ee walla...sij el mathal el hegran ega6e3 el mi9ran applies very well in this situation..

CD...thanks babe..you're right..and then they wonder why we still get piratted versions of movies...'coz we'd rather watch it in peace and quite than be subjected to that!...

princess puzzle (cute name!)...they were definately emhalag..

jacqui...oh my God..it's funny you should say that...THEY WERE AT LAILA GALLERY!!!! Imagine!...so I guess more expensive doesn't cut it...I do love el muhalab though..and maybe they should've waited for the movie to be playing for two weeks...it would've helped..I guess...

jan6a...thanks habeebti...I actually didn't tag along 'coz I wanted them to have a romantic evening on their own..but you're right..next time I'm assigning myself as their bodyguard...armed with a very large JAN6A and a mobile that takes pictures...LOl.!

ZInzin...thanks babe...I sure will..just want them to get over this incident first!..:)

The Stallion...hhmm..lemme guess..you guys got into a fist fight???...or am I really off here?

Samboose...eee walla..ee wallah chan zein...I'd be having my own dowriya outside Laila Gallery by now!..LOl

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger DiiGMaa said...

Sorry ur poor folks had to go thru that.. some ppl are just plain jerks !!!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

Your dad should have taken off the 3eqal and beat them up with it until they promise to behave and cry "touba, wallah ma n3eed'ha" :D

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wish ignorance stopped in American, but unfortunately there appears to be a gene alot of people in this world are missing. It's called the common decency gene. I really wish there could be a scientific breakthrough to enable this gene in everyone. The world would be a much better place.

I'm sorry their night was pretty much ruined :( They should try again though! They are bound to have a good time, next time. You can always tag along and wait in the shadows, just in case you gotta throw a heel at some woman starting some mess :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home