Reflections of A Princess

Friday, September 22, 2006

HAPPY RAMADANING!!


Embarak 3alikum el shahar!

I don't know about you but flipping through the TV channels and watching the advertisements for the Ramadan mosalsalat has already got me overwhelmed...All those women with their problems...UGH! Not only do I have to have the willpower to stop smoking this month...now I have to avoid the TV all together!

I bought the nicotine gums and tried them...they suck..I felt nauseated and it got me all dizzy...guess that's the end of that solution...Now I just have to have the guts to place the patch on my arm and hope for the best...

Just think...in 30 days Ramadan will be over and we would be at the end of October...looks like this year is nearly over...if I manage to quit smoking..now that would be the greatest accomplish ever...but can I really do it? God knows!

If I could just get my hands on the assholes that invented the damn thing..I'd be much happier!

Trivial Facts:
A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.

For example: If she is ovulating, she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features.

However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with a spear lodged in his chest and tape over his mouth while he is on fire.

No further studies are expected.

Here's wishing you all a peaceful Ramadan and kabbal Allah 6a3atkum...:)

13 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Imbarak 3alaich il shahar 7abebti :***

And

YES

You CAN do it

i KNOW you can!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

you cant wear patches during the day!

dont stop smoking.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

مبارك عليكم الشهر وكل عام وأنتم بخير

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Yeah, Ramadan mubarak to you as well and best luck and wishes with the patches, i heard they suck but its worth a shot!

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

3aleina o 3aleich :D

can u pleeeeeeeease list the good mosalsalat for us peeps that are not in kuwait? fanks babes :*

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

enshalla you can, will pray for you.

no nizar qabbani this year :P
abdul haleem hafiz... i love.. mayindara 7elow wela la.

interesting about women's choise. now i know why my taste changes over time :p

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

DR...7ajia habeebti...3alaina o 3alaich! Thanks for the support habeebti...I can't say I've completely stopped but I've reduced tremendoustly...let's hope it stops soon!

Purg...do you mean "shar3an la yajooz"...or is it just a statement Purg is making??

NuNu...thanks love...3alaina o 3alaich habeebti!

transpernt...thank you! I put them on for a few seconds and suddenly felt my head spinning...I couldn't figure out if it was just phsychological...or if the nicotine rush was way too much...I've decided to try will power for now...until I find a hypmotist!

snookie...so far...it's been an endless case of confusion...too many mosalsalat...and not sure if any of them are any good...there's the fajr el sa3eed one...and that comes on at 3:45 on LBC...there there's el 3andaleeb at 10:00 on MBC...and of course the 3abdulhussein which comes on Kuwait...that's as far as I got...there's way too many so give me a few more days to eliminate the garbage from the good ones..:)

Flam...I have to say that Nizar was on my mind all day today...and yes..I figure el 3andaleeb will be it's replacement...but let's hope I don't get into the suicidal depression I went through last year after watching Nizar....it was just was too sad...and knowing el 3andaleeb story...it may cause the end of me!..:)

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is it? Yeah, I thought I'd drop by and ask :D

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

transparent...mighty sweet of you to drop by and ask...well...the new job, I start Saturday...the quitting smoking...well...down to the lowest number I've ever been in my life which is improvement but unfortunately does not count for quitting completely..know what I mean...other than that...it's Ramadhan..and it may have been a stupid idea to think of quitting then...I mean that cigarette right after futoor...I hate saying it but it's amazing...oh dear...I really should remember how bad they are...instead of how good they taste...

in short...I'm struggling but thanks for asking!..

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

hehehehe about the study.. wallah 3abaly 3indich salfa! :P

happy ramadhan to u 2 hun!

and quitting is easy just throw ur packs away and don't buy any more.. :P

good luck with that hun :D

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Krispy...LOl! kilish ma kan 3endee salfa but I just had to share..:)..Happy Ramdan to you too babe and hope we can get together soon..(before the year is over...you think?..:)

jash..of course I'm worried about the wrinkles..:)...hopefully my subconcious mind will get convinced soon!...As for the males...I do believe a little bit of both..too much metro...then we might think he's a wimp...moderation is key I suppose..:)

shopa..thanks babe...and you're right...he's Purg...who's listening..:)

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I was getting ready to reply when I find out my internet is kaboom, and no more for the weekend. All me can says is, enjoy the days, the mornings as well, do you? Yeah I enjoy it after fotor too but.. the mornings are great too.. good luck ;)

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Upper-Cruster said...

Mbarak 3alaich il shahar.. kil sina winty b9i7a oo salamah inshallah :)

I just wanted to stop by and commend you for having a brilliant blog. You're an extremely versatile writer in every sense, and your posts are mildly entertaining. I have enjoyed reading them very much, and I hope to continue to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home