Reflections of A Princess

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Organized Chaos...Need Help!

I'm now entering a time in my life that I'd like to call "Organized Chaos"...it's when you suddenly have been doing something for a few years and decide it's time to QUIT...yes...I have one more week left at my job and then I'm heading to a whole new world....My mobile number will change 'coz I gotta give it back and go back to my original mobile number..(for my blogger friends I'll be forwarding you a message with the new one soon in case you have the old number)....actually it's a good time to go through all the numbers and delete the names that you have no idea who the hell they are! Funny how one gets so into his/her job that your entire identity gets shaken up and you wonder who you are....which in reality is a good thing because we are not our jobs...we actually are our own identity and the job should be just an additional part of our life...NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND...at least that's what I think!

I'm also trying to face my demons by contemplating quitting smoking! Anybody who's anybody that knows me...knows bloody well..that's big of me to mention...but I really do...I can't do it cold Turkey...so if you've used patches, gums or hypnosis or any other amazing cure to get rid of this habit...please do fill me in...the internet has got a million and one way to cure it...and the whole thing got me so overwhelmed that I haven't ordered jack shit for it!

As for my personal life...well...it's a crossroad too....sometimes we single people may bitch and wine about our lives...about how lonely we are...or about wanting to find love and romance...but we hardly ever really look at the real picture of romance...Have you ever seen your parents fight? It aint pretty...Naturally...all couples fight...and the making up is sometimes worth it...but the amount of energy that goes into creating the perfect relationship can be exhausting...we women tend to spend hours analyzing every man's move...to the point we become obsessed...we are at fault..and it's not the man's fault...but the problem is...we can't help it...it sucks...Men want us like them and we want them like us...we both want the other to be perfect! As women it means never discussing the relationship and how it's going...never showing any reluctancy or insecurity...never look slightly worried if the thought "does he still feel the same way about me" ever comes up...and any other form of emotional feelings that makes us woman who we are.....HOW IN HEAVEN'S NAME is that possible??? So yes...we single women might complain...but sometimes the peace and serenity that our brains have when we are single and alone might not be so bad compared to the hell that attached women go through as they go on a journey of two personalities clashing until one day (if ever) they become one! Bottom line...they want us to be practical and we want them to be emotional..and it's in our both genes not to ever happen...UNLESS the man is metrosexual...which sometimes gets us all worried if he's gay...and in the women's case if she's not emotional...she's an Overconfident, feelingless bitch who's so conceited and can't see past her nose that her practicality just means that men who fall for her are into being stepped on...he's into S&M's or something...or let's just say makes him a wimp and who wants a wimp anyway!

So back to Organized Chaos....yes...this is where I stand...full of fear of the future...Hoping for peace and serenity and wondering how older people do it day in and day out...and if you're wondering what IT is...I mean growing up...it just doesn't get any easier...your worries increase...your fears of the future haunt you and you wish you could go back in time when you're just a kid and your parents did all the worrying...meanwhile you're sucking on the Red Loolee ice cream waiting for cartoons to start already!

12 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

ok..I'm lost....NOOOOOOO to which decision???

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

smoking and if there is any dieting mentioned in your post

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

cold turkey ew bas!

congrats on the new job wish you all the best!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Erzulie said...

Good luck on your new...job? Well, your new undertaking :)

And yeah, quit smoking. The bad consequences are doubled for women :/

My friend quit actually. She did it pseudo-cold turkey. Her main fear was - believe it or not - gaining weight if she did quit. She told her doctor about it and he said that people who have quit often replace the bad habit with a good one, for example, like exercising. If you focus on that, it'll help you avoid the weight gain. Plus, you'll get a lovely endorphin boost from all the sweat :)

G'luck again :)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger the11thmuse said...

talk about changes..

wouldn't it be nice if we were older..

anyway, wish you all the best in your new chapter.. l'chaim:)

with regards to the smoking:
-brava for coming out (it takes guts)
-it takes a powerful person (like you for admitting you smoke) to be able to quit.
I have two friends who tried to quit smoking one went to a hypnotist, tried patches, gum, etc and still smokes. The other one just quit. She says all it takes is will power.
I know it probably sounds annoying "all u need is will power,, blah blah blah" so, let me end this long comment on a funny note. quoting the friend who still smokes, "Cigarettes take away the last 10 years of my life, so why quit, they're probably gonna be crappy anyway." ilmohim, good luck! with everything! wish you all the best

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

hahahahaha to purg! :P

i'm confused by this post misscosmo...

I'm confused and worried....

What's going onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?!?!?!

we need a blogerette meeting! :(

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Allah ywafgich wain ma tro7en 7abebti :***

I just read the last episode, i really liked this one, why am i commenting about it here lol i commented there also...i guess i liked it that much

QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT
PATCHES PATCHES PATCHES
:**********************

No comment about the part about personal life...i feel sorry for us women....tara we dont ask for much....but i dont know why they still never come through...aaah why am i wasting my time talking about this...i mean...mako fayda :)

Laish 7a6a wv?!
Dont u know i hate it?

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Purg...you're supposed to be encouraging me here...duh!

Shopa...thanks for the support babe!

A3sab...Allah,,,wainich entay...min zamaaaaan ma shefnach! Thanks...life is gonna be so different so I'm slightly nervous and excited at the same time!

erzulie...cold turkey scares me to death....maybe Ramadhan will help but I still think I'll need patches...I just can't go through the withdrawal symptoms...I usually cry my eyes out and have suicidal thoughts....thanks for the good wishes dear...

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

the11thmuse...(how did you come up with that name anyway??..:)...Thanks for making me laugh...so many changes and I still have one more Eclipse to go through!...I would be so proud of myself if I do end up smoking but right now I'm spending more time thinking about it rather than quitting!...Hopefully this will power you're talking about will somehow show up soon!

transpert...oh yeah...one at a time is an understatement...but when you're stuck in the middle of all this chaos...you aint got no choice!...I'm thinking of having a complete change in appearance too just to confuse myself even more!..:)

Krispy darling!...I know...honey I'm confused too...I'll be glad when this month is over just to find out the outcome of the chaos I'm in! Hopefully we can squeeze in a blogerette meeting soon....I sure could use some support and practice some bragging for a change!

DR...7ajiya habeebti...sorry about the wv....but when you get enough spam comments...you just gotta! Glad you liked the episode...and if you the Doctor knows what are the good products of patches out there to use...do tell! If I ever meet the man that invented cigarettes..I honestly would like to shoot him...I hate having zero will power over a stupid decision I took when I was 19!...By the way...see Krispy's comment...we just simply GOT to get together soon!

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Nooni said...

YES YES YES ITS ABOUT TIME ...

FINALLY NO SMOKING YEEEEEEY
I'M SO HAPPY... I CAN DANCE.

YES MC YES I'LL START COUNTING YOUR SUCCESS.

good luck in your new job love.. best of luck

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger sexygoba said...

I hate being single. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home