Reflections of A Princess

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Female Bloggers Bragging

One of the greatest moments I recall is when we have our Female Blogger Meetings and have a brag session. If you're not familiar with the game, it's pretty simple. Basically we'd be sitting in the restaurant and each one of us tells the group a brag that happened to them lately that made them feel good. It could vary from "I recently got promoted" to "I past my exams" or "this guy I really like gave me the best compliment" or "I just got engaged". The point of the game is not only to share what's been happening in our lives but more importantly to celebrate with each other our achievements or good fortune. Thankfully, no envy exists in the Female Blogger Team (mashallah), on the contrary it's a wonderful support team that I miss when we're all too busy to get together and in need of a "picker upper".

Recently, I've been so busy with my new job that getting together with the ladies has been so hard to accomplish and I really miss it and them! Somehow, the group no longer represents just bloggers getting together, it's more like us ladies connecting together and celebrating life and I love it.

Ladies, wherever you are, here's my brag session for this week. I was recently asked by a producer to consider acting in one of the future Ramadhan episodes! HAAAAAA! Would you believe?!!!! He even asked me if my dimple was real!!! How's that for a brag! By the way, didn't realize there's good money in that...varies from KD 50 an episode to KD 3000 (only Abdulhussein Abdulritha gets paid that high though). So let's see 30 episodes X KD 50 = KD 1500...wow...for learning a few lines....not bad! Don't you think?

Anyway, that's my brag for this week, you're turn....

11 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Can I be the one who slaps people? I can be a double too, just my hand showing as long as I do the slapping.

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice that sound like fun! go for it! oh and the bragging thing (kinda' odd) but hell if it makes you guys happy then what the hell

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

shopa...aaah! How sweet! Now that's something I can brag about too!

intlxpatr....I know...wasn't the nicest thing!

Purg...I always knew you were sadistic!..:)

solar alchemist...I actually told him if it was hollywood..I would have no doubts..but we aint hollywood baby! As for the bragging...you'd have to be there to really appreciate it..:)

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Missssssss u tooooooooo!
Werent we supposed to go out tonight? Noone confirmed!
ANyways....I LOVED your brag!
I can actually imagine u acting, ud be great!
anyways, my brag is that i went and tried out that k-climb thingie!
Im like a mkasira old lady at the moment but hey at least i tried it!
:********

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well would bollywood do? :P
just kidding.
and for the bragging I guess we all have different things to get our spirits up>

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mabroukkk!!!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Do it so I can point at the TV and say, " I know her ! " :oP

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Natalie said...

Do it as long as the series does not air at at 1AM. I did not get any sleep last Ramadan!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

Hahaha... YES! It would be the only Ramadan show I'd watch. Of course, I'd be elbowing you the whole time asking for translation. LOL

That's awesome!

And I miss meeting with the 'girls' too... months without you guys is going to suck! Congrats on the new job (I feel so out of touch), I'm glad you did it!

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

ana widdi a7i6 sooti bil cartoons.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger *p.y.t* said...

i love your blog , its simply amazing .. keep it up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home