Reflections of A Princess

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Arabs And The Vicious Circle...

3:00 - Khaled Bin Waleed...I watched Hind eating Hamza's Kabd today...not a pleasant experience...especially if your fasting..Gross...

4:00 - Al-Embara9oora (MBC)...the botox in those ladies lips is horrendous...and so far..Fajer El Sa3eed hasn't impressed me yet...

5:00 - Cinderella (LBC)...true life story of Su3ad Hosni...very interesting...she falls off the stairs when she's a kid as she's trying to run to the malja' because of the war at the time...

10:00 - Al-3andaleeb (MBC)...true life story of Abdulhaleem Hafez...his brother goes to fight the war against el engleez we el yahood...and how there's a Moslem Brotherhood forming for Jeehad..

12:00 - Wa Yaktiloona Yasmeen..(LBC)..story about a Syrian family that lives in London when the terrorist attack of July 7th happens...the brother becomes a suspect and they take the sister Yasmeen for interrogation..the entire family suffers as the neighborhood declares war against them...and how the entire Moslem community in London is also affected...

Yes, I always say every Ramadan that I won't watch anything depressing but I do anyway! I actually tried to stay away from the Su3ad Abdulla, Hayat El Fahad and all the others Kuwaiti episodes for that reason...besides...there were just way too many out there this year..but then I ended up watching episodes with bigger issues!

What upsets me the most is the vicious circle of life...is it life or is it being an Arab or being a Moslem that war follows us around!

It's so confusing that one doesn't even know who to blame...7asbee ya Allah mink ya Osama bin Laden....7asbiya Allah minkom ya el engeleez ...o hasbee Alla 3alaikum ya yahood...o hasbi ya Allah min kol thalem fee ha dinya...

Oh...I forgot to mention the commercials...the ones about Cancer on Kuwait TV (I have to cry everytime I see it)..then there's the ones about El erhab on MBC (the kid's tennis shoes on the ground after a guy bombs the place)...or the one on LBC about the Lebanese kids that have lost their families during the war...

I know such things in life exist and we have to be aware of it all but when you know some issues are completely out of your hands...it sure leaves a person very angry and depressed!

This was my experience for the first week of Ramadan, how was yours?

10 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I was out of the country when it started, so just watched tv, relaxed and ate, came home, slept, ate, organised stuff, watched games, went to opening of Nibaq Diwaniyah (still not complete), came home, draw lines for something.

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the point is that every little counts.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

I am watching darb el zalag!!

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Tee-hee-he-heee
Add "al-firya" to ur list :P

Flam:
Zaaaaaaain sawaitay!

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaathiya!! :P

i have boycotted ramathan TV... its pointless (at least when it comes to the kuwaiti shows)

I've been reading instead! If you want a good book to read, check out Birds Without Wings by Louis De Bernieres. AMAZING!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger N said...

no no no no dont watch these, watch "elferya" malat 7ayat alfahad, its amaaaaaaaaaaaazingg, oo matbachy kilishhh

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally boycotted all the Ramadhan tv shows..I mean the life stories are interesting..but I have no time & really I don't wanna watch depressing things) and the kuwaiti musalsalats are just getting out of control with the same old same old...and wat's up with all the makeup and plastic surgery and the clothes!? (No Offense)

The only thing I watch is freej. It's light and short!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger 1001 Nights said...

Hmmm Try watching Fereej which comes on Dubai TV at around 12:30. It's funny. Not hilarious funny but cute funny :)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Dr.Lost said...

new post !

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger The Solar Alchemist said...

Hey miss how's it going?
I've been out for a while but I'm back know.

Ramadhan TV blah....!!!
it used to be that i would only watch one sope every ramadhan, I can finaly say that i've gotten fed-up with it. it's all the say garbage.
oh and if you wounder why it seems that muslims are always followed by war it's because it's are time for our blody side to be seen.
for a time it was the German & japanese. before that it was the English & French. Just like one day the U.S.A will have it's day.
give it time and the spot light will move onto someone else!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home