Reflections of A Princess

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Just Shoot Me!

Brace yourself ladies...it's the wedding season next month...basically means buying yourself a dress that costs an arm and leg...probably to be worn once..when you could've bought a bunch of other things you really needed..and you know you have to go...'coz you just couldn't take another lecture from your Mom that you're anti-social...then of course there's you walking in saying hello and mabrook to a bunch of ladies that you've never met...finally grabbing a seat and finding just one person there that you know..and for tonight they're gonna end up being your best friend 'coz you gotta kill the time...you hear through the grapevine that the bride won't be coming out for another hour...you yawn and look at the time...don't they know I have work tomorrow...or worse...don't these people work!! So you decide to make your Mom happy by finally getting up to dance...that way if you say you'd like to go home..she'll be too happy that you danced to give you a hard time...so you ask your new best friend if she'd like to join you..."laaa...sorry...I don't dance at weddings"...then you wonder to yourself...ok...Where do you dance then?...but you keep your mouth shut 'coz in reality...what's it to you....You finally get up and dance...going up and down the cat walk..when realize you recognize some of the girls...Great..so you all end going up and down together..naturally you have a conversation while doing so about who the chick with the nice dress is...suddenly you're gossiping away and it's no longer about the dance...and just then...when you're just about to admit that things aren't that bad...the bride's about to walk in...you rush back to your chair and tell yourself...I'm not gonna get a lump in my throat this time..I won't be emotional..I'm not gonna cry..I'm gonna be fine...then she walks in and of course...the music...she looks happy..you get the lump and feel pathetic..but then you remember that your Mom said the groom was 40 and she looks like she's barely 18..and you notice her bouquet shaking 'coz she's shivering so much and looks scared to death...you of course are no longer tearful but angry..you start imagining how it's gonna be rape that night..by then you just wanna leave...and know that the groom's not gonna show for another hour...so you ask yourself...should you make a run for it...you turn to break the news to your Mom...she's enjoying herself too much so she smiles and says goodbye to you and you're suddenly excited that you're about to be scot free...you slip out of the hall and head straight to the parking lot...your shoes are killing You...you look around to make sure nobody's looking and you take them off and head to look for the driver who's no where to be seen...finally you spot him...and you're walking towards the car...but to your horror right infront of you is the groom with his entire entourage and you're standing barefoot looking like an idiot...you look down hoping they'd think you were at a different wedding...rush to the car and throw yourself on the seat feeling totally stupid...you reach home and can't sleep 'coz you can't get the whole scene out of your head...A week passes and you're finally feeling better when the doorbell rings...You hear your Mom's excited voice..Oh..guess who's getting married..she says...the wedding is next Tuesday!..You throw yourself on the bed...cover your face with the pillow and moan...I hate Septembers..just shoot me..!

26 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Devilish said...

Sheeeeeeesh !! u've been spammed Big Time !

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

Here you go! The spammers are shooting you or shooting your blog! Does that feel better now? :P
I think they are all pro-weddings :P

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Shurouq said...

lol Good one, Miss Cosmo

Can't remember the last time I've been to a wedding. I only go when it's first cousins' or best friends.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Shurouq said...

Oh, my point is you don't have to accept every wedding invitation. :)

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jewaira said...

What a great post, hehe I could just imagine you standing shoes in hand and awe-struck by the groom's entourage.
There are many things that I dislike about the way wedding parties have become but the sight of the groom coming in with all the men always makes me feel so happy and proud for some reason.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Baroque said...

lo0l i totally got the wedding buzz feeling from ur blog.. 7asayt nafsy in an actual wedding.. bs u forgot to include a thing.. the fact that u get bruises on ur cheeks from the thousands of people u greet, not to mention ako0 nass who kiss u like 3 times.. OUCH! at the end of the night, ur cheeks get so numb! hehe o0 the fact that u're so tired that u feel lazy and end up sleeping with ur makeup! eventually waking up in the morning with ur hair as hard as ice from the hairspray and ur face looking like a clown... YeaH! i hate weddings!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Temetwir said...

i feel bad for enjoying it so much, that was AWESOME heh

tell me u have a part 2 or at least something of this sort!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger cosimfree911 said...

wow is it this bad no one told me be4 it was like that
well good luck to u next month you ganna have to much work to do at least go shoping and have fun with it :P

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Misguided said...

Dear Princess,

Use Prayer power...it'll help you get through this. Last time I was caught barefoot, with my sandals in my hand, running away from a wedding entrance...I used Prayer power and it worked.



Truly,

Misguided

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

I guess my title really got me spammed...must've been the word "shoot"!!! oh well...I'll remember that!

Shurouq..thanks babe..but my Mom won't take no for an answer and makes me feel guilty the rest of the month!

Jewaira...thank you dear..I appreciate that...and you're absolutley right..the best part is when all the guys walk in..(it's so manly!..heheheh)...the only problem is they come in late..and in a flash..one minute you're checking them out..the next minute they're gone!

Charisma....oh yeah...the make up...and the hair spray..and trying to brush it the next morning...disaster!..Good point dear..

temetiwir..thanks! Tell me what you liked about it and I'll consider Part II...:)

Cosmifree911..thanks..I'm gonna need the luck!

Misguided...Okkkk????

Samboose..thanks babe...I forgot to mention that you lave the wedding starving 'coz you missed the dinner and then end up eating McDonalds while wearing your most expensive dress...killish ma yiloog!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

olla shda3wa il deleted comments!

me just like Shorouq I only go to first cousins and not any just those who are really really close and good friends with, mayeb cause I don't want them to show up at my wedding if I ever had one :P

well actually speaking of "my wedding" and "if it ever happens" I won't have it the way people here do, it will be very small with special people only from my side and his, no freak show on my night ;P

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

hey...misguided...liked the poem on your site...but didn't leave a comment 'coz you gotta fill in your e-mail...why is that necessary?

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

defeating @$$ hole spammers..

by Raf*:

log into blogger -> go to “change settings” -> click on “comments” -> locate “word verification for comments?” -> click on “yes”

now click on “save settings”

it will say “Settings Were Saved Successfully --

You must [Republish] your blog to see the changes” --> click on the [Republish] button.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Misguided said...

Dear MissCosmo,

In order to prevent spamming. The first time you comment on my blog. The comment won't appear until it's approved and then it will always approve you.

By entering your email, the program makes sure you are the same individual and not a spammer or someone trying to use your identity.

emails are not published. You can enter any email u wish..just as long as you remember it.

Truly,

Misguided

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Spont...your future wedding sounds just like mine...small group..only the special people in my life..and everybody making sure I'm having a good time...instead of the other way around!

Don...thanks big guy..I do appreciate that..

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

misguided..thanks...now that I've been spammed so much...I totally understand!...

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Of course..the groom has to be cool enough to want a mixed wedding..rare breed I'd say...

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

misscosmo
u know, the whole mocking of the reality of it all

telling the story from the bride's point of view, then perhaps one of the groom's friends who noticed cindrella'tna

that kinda thing

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

hhhmmm...interesting..I'll have to think about it...but thanks for making me laugh!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Equalizer said...

Traditional wedding are boring, now wonder "some" people want to leave the moment they go in. Why are the weddings we see in hollywood movies look alot more fun and better? Open air, mixed, lots of food and drinks, nice green grass lawn, dancing till the end. Or a wedding by the beach, whatever it is, it alsot better than a wedding that looks like a set from Star Academy!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

Girl u speak my mind!
Dont u just hate it when you have to sit in one of the rows like your in a theater. They should change that and switch to tables it much more nicer and at leats gives u a chance to mingle with other people.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

There are girls here in Kuwait who are addicted to weddings, and would disagree with you completely..

Equalizer, weddings and funerals seemed much better in the west, when you go to the graveyard here in Kuwait it's so ugly, where over there is beautiful and gives you the feeling of peace when needed.. *why am I talking about graveyards?? Sorry miss Cos*

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

The Don...graveyards!!! Good God...how did we end up there! :)

a3sab...I know! I guess the theatre part gets them to cram in more people..but I'd definatley prefer the table business..at least you can get creative with stuff on the table instead of the Philipino ladies going around with the giveaways!!

equalizer...ahh yes..a Hollywood wedding...wouldn't that be nice...I've got the whole thing set up in my head...just waiting for Mel Gibson to propose!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Hanan said...

You have a beautiful way of telling a story. I just love your blog.

As for outdoor green grass weddings, that limits our wedding season drastically, wouldn't you say? How about beach weddings? They suit our country best. bikinis and summer dresses. Wonderful.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Spontaneousnessity said...

Samboose, exactly! that's how a wedding should be :) the people who are supposed to really enjoy it and make it memorable for is the happy couple! shako fel ma3azeem :P hehe

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

After all what I have read I think I will not attend my own wedding! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home