Reflections of A Princess

Friday, April 21, 2006

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Ever had a relationship with a friend that you just could never understand? One minute, they feel like they really are your friend then the next minute they act like a complete stranger? Now I know that I can be too good hearted and forgiving...but sometimes I just kick myself for being that way 'coz low and behold after the first incident...I forgive and forget...then a few months later...I'm back where I started..simply stunned that they did it to me again...

In my dictionary...I have a word that simply describes people as Normal or abnormal...when I meet somebody I like..I call my sister very excited to tell her.."Oh my God...I met this girl...she was soo normal"...my sister instantly knows what I'm talking about and says "oh, how nice..how rare" to explain...normal means...they acted natural in their own skin...(no pretence nor conscious of the world around her)...no fakeness...purely and genuinely normal...

Lately, I was pleasantly surprised to meet many "normal" people through the blog world..I had reached the stage when I thought that meeting someone normal was a rare commodity...granted there was one or two out of maybe twenty that were very guarded everytime they saw me (which gets on my nerves 'coz it instantly means that they don't trust you and is insulting)...but other than that...most people were normal...I loved it...

incidentally, my friend is not a blogger but maybe she should be..it might do her well in figuring out why she behaves so unpredictably...For now, I'm stuck with this stupid feeling of asking myself "how could you let her talk to you that way"...as the song says "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" that's all I ask for...just a little respect...what is wrong with you abnormal people? How can you give a shit about a friend and then screw them over when you damn feel like it? Tell me that's normal...it absolutely isn't...I often give myself a hard time that I bring it on to myself..I tend to want the person infront of me to feel very much at ease and I hate formalities..so I 6ayi7 el miyana but then this miyana comes back to bite me in the A$$...I hate that!

The question now remains...how do you not sound like a High school student and ask "How do I break up with a friend?"...yes...it does sound lame...but it's true...are you supposed to confront them and say "I don't want to be your friend anymore?" or just leave it at that...i.e. let nature take its course..

Whatever is the decision, what blows my mind is how a drama queen friend who needs me more than I need her...ends up blowing a friendship that she needed more than I did! You call that normal??!!

Don't get me wrong when I say this..but out of my experience..on average it's been the women that tend to fall under the abnormal more so than the men...I don't understand it! Again..I said on average..not all...but in general...I mean have you ever bumped into a girl that you haven't seen in ages and while you're talking to her...she looks around at everything but never at you?..What is with that? Hello..I'm here..I'm talking to you...could you stop for a minute from your curious/conscious self and look at me while we're talking..rather than care about who is watching us?

I guess at the end of the day, I'm getting off of this roller coaster of a relationship with this friend...and hang on to my new blogger friends..so there! Teenager talk or not teenager talk...when push comes to shove..I think we all have an inner kid inside us that just wants to scream "MAMMA...SHE WASN'T NICE TO ME!"

Damn...why can't people just be nice..(I mean for real...not in a fake way ofcourse!)

21 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Just stop taking her calls, its a nice peaceful way of breaking up the friendship. You can always say "i've been so busy, I've been travelling, I've been sick, etc".

And yes, its rare to find 'normal' girls.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jan6a said...

Itwalee! 6anish ta3ish tanta3ish. You can live without the excess drama buddy, just ignore her :>

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Forget her and just hang out with us! Don't think about such petty people! All they care about is their own well being! The will ask you for help and advice and whenever you need it they will give you the cold shoulder and brush you off!

Seems like someone needs a dose of good old !!! EDO PRIDE !!! :o)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Edo Pride cures all psychotic problems

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Papillona ® said...

In my dictionary I call your "normal people" (nafsna) just like us.. i.e.

"wow! I met them they're really nafsna! 7abbait-hom hehehe"

ilmohim, to answer your question. I think it's better not to actually tell her that you want to break it off. Being distant is enough for her to realize it is not working. and at the same time you saved yourself a loooong boring discussion with "ubnormal" people ;)

"R-E-S-P-E-C-T" is the most important thing is every relationship in life, family, friends, partners, husbands and wives.. etc. They all should know how to respect each other. Sometimes "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" is even more important than LOVE. aha I said that. ME! who believes that love is the most important thing in our life. Now I tell ya, if no respect then screw it!
(7i6ay 3alaiha X)

La vie continue mon amie ;)

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger DiiGMaa said...

I can't find a better way to say this except: ily ma eqadrich ma yistahil ma3riftich !!!

So 7aaalha 7aaal il hawa - ignore her- I hate those abnormal ppl that think a friendship is a Heabah !!!

Stick to us Darling !! We R-E-S-P-E-C-T you :***

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger DiiGMaa said...

ooohhhhh BTW,

Shame I never got to meet ya at the Jazz event !!!

or did I ?? ;P

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

MCK 6alla3tay elli eb kha6rey.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger iDip said...

I think the best way to confront such problems & people is by being frank in the first place.

What I mean by being "frank" is to make everything clear on the spot, not after it's late, and to keep yourself as transparent as possible without exposing yourself to “unworthy” people.

Long story short:
Frank not rude
and
Transparent not vulnerable.

R-E-S-T-E-C-P :)
(see: Ali G)

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

CD...so glad you feel the same way babe...glad we see eye to eye on this issue..:)

jan6a...thanks habeebti...I love this 6anish ta3ish motto of yours...now if I could just get the hang of it...I'm sure I'd have learnt something from a pro...;)

Stallion...so true...what's with that..hot.cold..hot..cold..paleeeeze!
As some people say..."Wha2ever!"..:)..and you're right...definatley in need of Edo pride man!

Purg...I'm learning..:)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Paps...ee walla saja...life goes on...I love the "nafsna" chena I've used that one before too...:)...I guess we're both discovering that there's something more important than love...R-E-S-P-E-C-T....just when we had it all figured out...something as old as R-E-S-P-E-C-T...comes along to remind us...LOL!

Samboose...added value...hhmm...true...but boy..that is really hard to find...I suppose the drama can continues in somebody else's movie..just not my movie of life:)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Diigmaa...thank you darling!..I R-E-S-P-E-C-T you too..:)...and you're right..I wish I met you at the Jazz thing...next time, I'll tell my sources to introduce me..:)

Flam...coool....so I'm not alone in this huh?...afa 3alaich...anything for Flam..:)

idip..man...you hit it on the spot...but it's sooo much easier said than done....I'm always frank...and give prior warning that they shouldn't over step boundaries...bass lil asaf makoo faida....oh well...you live and learn!..:)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

You just reminded me of something a friend of mine did that she couldn't know what the word "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" means!

Here

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

I know what u mean miss cosmo. It can be very frustrating but most people are like that. I don't understand it either.

I come from the school of thought that says "be nice until u find a reason to be mean." So, that's what I do. I see no point in alienating people right from the start. How is a person supposed to make new friends if they are frigid around the people they meet?

I say just ignore her and don't return her calls... she'll get the message. and if she calls asking why ur dissing her, tell her the truth.

You deserve better than that, sista! :D

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

NuNu...Oh my God..you are so right! That happens to me too...and I can't stand it if it's related to money...ugh!

krispy daaahling..how have you been girl? I totally agree with your school of thought..."innocent until proven guilty"..although people tell me that around here it should be the other way around..but I wouldn't be able to do that...even if I tried! Miss you..we simply must do lunch one day...;)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger cosimfree911 said...

well in a friendship you must know that somedays you ganna be up and some you will be down
bs 3aad ethaa kant most of the time down faa laa that not friendship its not worth it to be friend with some one like that

wenty testahlain naas a7san fee 7ayaatch cos enty walaa very nice person ;)

yalaa you have many friends and im here for you all the time :D

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

aaahh..that's sooo sweet..thank you! I hope I can be the same for you too..:)

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Blossom said...

Look , don't consume your engery thinking about them ... I mean com'on...look at them , are they considering every single action/behavior ? I don't think so !! Move forward ingnore her ..as they say " el7egran yega6i3 el me9ran "

Good luck :)

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

While ignoring the person may be the easiest thing to do, if you are likely to run into the person and if you really did have a close relationship at one time, you owe it to yourself and to the person to have a heart-to-heart talk. You can say you don't feel like you get the support that you regularly offer. If the person doesn't see that there is a problem, than you have done all can and should have no regrets in cutting her off. If you just stop returning calls, you might end up feeling guilty and if you see the person again, encounters could be quite nasty. You could also be surprised. A childhood friend and I have taken completely different paths in life and have nothing in common other than our shared history. After an honest talk in which we both admitted we did not like eachother anymore, we decided we had shared too much to separate. It took time, but we reshaped our relationship and it's probably stronger now than before.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

7ayati intay :*
wallah madry shagolich..im going thru a similar thing at the moment, but no i dont want to break up with her or anything lol :P bs im kinda annoyed

ok i typed up my whole situation, but then thought it was way too much information and erased it hehehe i mean this is ur blog for crying out loud not mine. i shall post about it if the problem persists.

wv : nzzzy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home