Reflections of A Princess

Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

Yes, I am finally back! Thank you to all those that past by to ask about me...it definitely feels wonderful to know that you were missed..:)..mwaaaa...

By the way, if you're planning to go to Hamburg in the near future then let me give you a clue of what to expect:

(1) If they speak to you in German and you look innocently at them and say "English?" they think you've insulted them

(2) Unless you like freezing your butt off and walking in the snow, don't travel there in March

(3) Seeing an episode of Friends in German makes you wonder why you ever liked that show..it kinda loses it's funniness in German!

(4) When you ask for the menu, don't ask for an English menu, you just don't want them to spit in your food. Just order "Salat" and save yourself the trouble!

(5) The fastest word you'll ever learn is Nine which means No and that's what you'll get everytime you ask a question

(6) Frankfurt airport is not as big as it used to be when you were a kid

(7) In their dictionary tourists means trespassers unless you took the time to learn German

(8) When shopping, take a dictionary with you or you'll end up having a huge fight with the sales woman that knows English but pretends that she doesn't 'coz she can't believe you have the nerve not to know German

(9) Do visit a great Italian restaurant called Verdi and avoid the Indian restaurant right next to it...

(10) Last but not least...forget learning German, learn some Turkish to get by with the Taxi drivers

Bottom line...there's no place like home....and damn I missed my machboos!

18 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Welcome back hun!

You were missed! Mokanich kan fathi!

I want some snow but I don't want that inconsiderate atitude!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger don_veto said...

Last time I was in Germany a few years ago, I died of thirst. No restaurant served plain water only sparkling, and when I went to the supermarket, all I could see was beer and sparkling water. I ended up ordering tea with a tea bag and waitnig for the hot water to cool down so I can drink it.

Anyway, welcome home.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Baroque said...

welcome back!
u have been missed!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

7amdillllaaaah 3el salamaaaaaa!
Nawirat il kuwait
shaklich rada o galbich matroos
yabelaha ga3da inshallah!
Make plans for next week, i finish on saturday!
missed uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Mwaaa :*****

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Maxie said...

I am so sorry to read that you did not like your stay in Germany ...

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger U.E. said...

Welcome back babe! :D I have several German friends... and I told them the same things you said. German hospitality = oxymoron. Blah... touristers treated as trespassers is exactly the way I felt when I was there.

And the Frankfurt airport sucks with two mildly entertaining exceptions. I'll leave it up to you to decide which one's I'm referring to! ;-)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

welcome baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

laialy_q8...thanks babe...don't ya just love that machboos...ok..I'm getting hungry!..:)

Stallion..hey sweets...missed ya too babe...

Don veto...oh my God...how could I forget the water issue....you are sooo right...it was awful...when I ask for "still" water...it's like I asked for the moon!

baroque...hi habeebti...thanks so much...it's good to be back!

DR..ya ba3ad chabdi walla...thank you...missed you too galib...and can't wait to see you...wayed fee sewalif...mwaaaaaaaaa

maxie...are you kidding...I had a wonderful time...it was just those certain things that I noticed that I had to vent out about...:)

unknown entity...thanks babe...LOL...trust you to have entertaining incidents at Frankfurt airport...bet ya they'll beat my stories..:)

shopa...thanks girl...so how's the shopping these days...you should've seen the shopping in Germany...it was brilliant...sadly the sales girls would piss me off...but they had some good stuff..

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Flam habeebti!...Thanks babe..:)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Papillona ® said...

Nawwartay il Kuwait :)

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger iDip said...

El-7emdilla 3assalama MissCosmo,
it's nice to have you back on the blogosphere :)

Willkommen Back!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

7amdelah 3alsalama

i wouldnt expect germans to have a sense of humor judging by their efficiency of engineering and practicality

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

;*

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

germany sucks

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

oh and welcome back ;)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Paps...hiya girl! Nawarat eb ahalha ya ba3ad chabdi!

idip..thanks idip..nice to see around!

temetwir...Allah yesalmek..:)...how typical of you to think of it in car terms....as usual..;)

hind..thank you..it's good to be back..:)

Zinzin...I got called all sorts of things and had no idea what they meant!..:)...Paris? you think? Say they they're just as unfriendly!

NuNu...hey girl!..it's count down time!..;)

Krispy...thanks babe...miss ya!

shopa...so it's not just me huh? Must be something in the stars...we better start thinking fast of how to make that extra cash!..;)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

welcome back dear, walahna 3alaich
despite all what you
've mentioned did you enjoy your trip?

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

a3sab habeebti! Walhat 3alaich el 3afya...besides that part...it was actually quite fun...I got to meet some interesting people...and kept posting stuff in my head everytime something too funny happened...I should've taken my laptop with me!...next time...but not Hamburg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home