Reflections of A Princess

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Circle of Life

As I walked into Hadi Hospital...I couldn't hear the noises of the people..all I heard was the pounding of my heart...my younger sister was having a baby and I was nervous like hell! I still don't get the circle of life thing...I remember her being the kid that hung out with me when I had friends over as a teenager...I remember putting on some music in my room and making up dances with her infront of the mirror..step one..step two..I mean we did Michael Jackson's Thriller with our eyes closed! I remember my Mom giving me her car and telling me to practice learning how to drive around the neighborhood and taking my very petite younger sister with me..I remember being scared as hell and this little kid sitting next to me encouraging me to relax..I remember pushing on the brakes too hard and the little kid bumping her head on the dashboard and laughing and telling me "I'm ok..I'm ok"...Now she was having a baby! She was gonna be a Mommy...I remember running after her as I threatened to sit on top of her and tickle her till she couldn't breath..

Now...suddenly..after hours of waiting and praying...I'm standing in front of this tiny baby who is the daughter of my baby sister...I'm now the Aunt of this tiny creature and as they take pictures..I fast forward to her being a teenager and me telling her how I blogged about her when was born as she looks at her baby pictures...will that teenager know how I couldn't breath out of worry the day she was born?!! I now have a whole new perspective when I look at my own baby pictures...life is truly strange...

The circle of Life...Truly amazing....

18 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I thought you were the young one.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Tooomz said...

Mabrooooooook! Hope Mother & Daughter are both doing well :D

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger iDip said...

Mabrook :)

Time flies faster than we think

please convey my heartfelt congratulations to her & to "the non-blogger" & kiss the baby for me :)

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Ahhhhhhh u maaaade me cry....that was such a heartfelt post :******* waaay 7ayati :* im so happy for u guys...
hehe i dont know whatto say, ur post made me go all warm and fuzzy hehe
Kiss my 'Half-smiya' for me and her mother :>

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Purg...LOl!...Don't let her read that...she won't like it one little bit!

Toomz...Allah eybarik eb 3omrich habeebti...they are doing well...she keeps complaining that the baby is tiny...like she's so large anyway!

idip...Allah ebarik feek...time does fly!!! I still can't believe it!..

DR...7abeebti!..thought you'd go all fuzzy over this post...I know you too well babe!..:)...will pass on the kisses..can't wait till she's all grown up and we can include her in the Female Blogger meets...hehhehee!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Moi said...

mabrook ma yakom! tetraba eb 3ezkom inshallah .. ;)

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

She does not have to, that is what I see, maybe it is the hair.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Mabrook ma jakom 7ajiya! :oP

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mabrook,
life is funny, isn't it ;)

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mabrouk...allah ykhaleeha ya rab...

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

alf mabrook!! give her a big bosa for me! :D

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alf mabrook


kisses to mummy and baby :)

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

*beaming* Yay aunty! Like you, I'm an older sister who could't believe when my BABY sister had a baby of her own. It's truly amazing and FUN. It's not the same as being a mom... but their are definite advantages. ;-)

Love and hugs to you all....

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Nooni said...

beautiful isn't it?


mabrook auntie miss cosmo, alf mabrook... WANASAAAAAAAAAA

 
At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mabrook ma yakum o tetrabba eb 3ezkum inshalla :)

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mabrook..

I like the way you put it, i felt the 7achii really 6ali3 mn galb :)..

I don't know your history with kids, but it's something diffirent when you look at the son/daughter of a brother/sister.. it really is.. I just put my neice to sleep and you wouldn't imagine how much I feel content right now, i wish the feeling could last forever..

yala etaraba eb 3izkom enshala.. o im sure that you're gonna be a great aunt ;)

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

mabrook mayakom :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home