Reflections of A Princess

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Far From the Maddening Crowd

Right after Fu6oor my friend past by to ask if I felt like going out. The thought of all that traffic gave me a headache so we came up with the idea of heading South. We drove down highway 40 as the Americans would call it and ended up at Al-Kot Mall in Fahaheel. I honestly felt like I'd travelled out of Kuwait. It was amazing. We sat infront of the singing water fountains, the weather was brilliant and the sound of music was the perfect addition to an Arabian night. As I watched the fountains dance away, I could see the reflection of the moon on the water and what a lovely sight that was. Picture perfect, right out of a postcard.

The amazing thing was everybody was so civil. There were no loud kids you'd normaly see walking around Marina Mall. Just everyone going about their business and nobody hassled us or stared at us or anything. It was an enlightening experience that I highly recommend for anyone wanting to get away from it all. Oh and in case you needed to shop for Eid, they had some nice shops too without the crazy crowd.

And they say you have to get on a flight for a change of scene...hey...it took 25 minutes and I came back refreshed...much cheaper...wouldn't you say?

13 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

I know I've been once before. LAST winter, how time flies! Bs it is really nice, the fountains & the way the cafes are especially 3ijabny.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger A3sab said...

i've published my new email on my profile so you can send the info. I couldnt find your email

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger 3baid said...

I've been there twice. It's very calm there, specially around the fountains. But I still hate seeing drivers hanging around the parking and door entrances, they always ruin the "away from it all" mood.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jelly Belly said...

I keep hearing it's a nice place, I could see myself running away from crowded malls and busy traffic too!

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

What's funny is, I normally avoid the place for the same reason you went there... I hate the traffic!! But the fountains are lovely and peaceful and there is much less ooogggling happening there, tis true. Plus, it's walking distance from my fav Pakistani restaurant (KhanBaba, mmm, smashed chicken) and my fav Philippino restaurant (Mario's). Can you tell I'm all about the food?? ;-D

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Peach said...

Now that sounds like my kinda place! Too bad I probably wouldn't know how to get there ;/ I have a terrible sense of direction! wait! make that no sense of direction at all unless I'm traveling a straight line!!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Equalizer said...

Try Gelatino that place selling Italian gelato (ice cream). But I must warn that the staff have an IQ of a sheep.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

Peach: Get on Gulf Road heading towards Fahaheel. Stay on Gulf Road till it dead ends. There is the mall on your left. I too have no sense of direction so I feel your pain.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

i love it there, check these two old posts of mine:
i-traveled-to-fahaheel
and i-love-my-shoes

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

DR...isn't great...I really hope I'll become a regular..it was like being in Las Vegas!

a3sab...thanks habeebti...we'll be sending you an e-mail shortly with the details..

3baid..welcome...LOL..you're right..but I guess if we considered we were travelling to India or Pakistan..it fits the part...:)

jelly belly...ee walla...it's the perfect place to get away..

samboose...next episode coming soon...the Ramadan timing got me writer's block...but hopefully inspiration will come soon..:)

unknown entity...so you're into authentic foood...perrrffeect! hopefully you'll like the choice for the gabga..:)

peach...I'm lousy with direction too...part of my pisces character..:)...the good thing..my friend had been there before...so I was saved the hassle...but in the end it really was pretty easy...

equalizer...now that i plan to be regular..I will definately check it out..thanks!

flamingoliya...tab3an habeebti...you're always one step ahead of us "nobodies"..LOL...read the post...and loved the picture...and btw...I still stand for the burgu3 idea...:)..come on girl..have some faith and come out and have some girl fun!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

pizzaz...true...I felt like an alien!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

entaw everybody ;*
but you only read one, read the other post too, more nice pics.

i'm shy, but not overly shy :P so maybe the burgu3 will cover up hehe

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

Good to know that such a place still exist in the crazy world! And I sure wanna see those fountains!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home