Reflections of A Princess

Monday, October 24, 2005

Journal of a Single Gal in Q8 - Episode Nine

From last episode..

"Maybe she should've known that they may not end up together based on the way they'd met. Sometimes it was hard to believe that they actually met that way.

It all began a few summers ago when she had been visiting her sister in the States."

It had been a fun summer. Her sister would attend her classes while she discovered that cooking for someone you love was actually fun. She was not one to cook but knowing that her sister would come back hungry from college made her motivated to actually enter the kitchen and make an attempt. She would read from her favorite Kuwaiti cook book knowing humuoursly that it was actually written for expatriates but it was perfect. She'd found it at the Kuwait Bookshop at Muthana and she loved the picture of the cover with the Dallah and coffee cups.

Her sister, who was a great cook would often compliment her on her cooking which used to make her laugh. She just couldn't see herself as a great cook. She believed her cooking was an expression of love and that was the only reason she was in the kitchen cooking. Other than that, she knew that cooking was just not for her. When her mother would ask her what she planned to do when she got married, she'd smile and say "Catering from my sister, of course!"

During the free hours she'd have, while she'd finished cooking and waiting for her sister, she'd often log on the net and explore sites. On occasion she'd even visit chat rooms. She would judge her interest with the people she chatted with based on the first three sentences. If they asked the right questions, she'd continue chatting but if they asked lame questions, she'd just disconnect. It didn't take long that she found one particular nickname that caught her interest.

They'd discuss various issues like politics, music, career and everthing else that she felt passionate towards. They would agree on so many things and argue for hours on other things and she loved it. He was intelligent, patient and interesting. A combination that no doubt caught her attention.

When it was time for her to leave the States, she'd shared her secret admirer story with her sister. They were driving down the highway heading to the airport as she spilt the beans.

"I told you never to give up, someone is out there for you. Maybe it's him," said her sister with a smirk on her face. "Like I said, I believe that story about the coins. You know, the one that God threw half coins from the sky and for every half coin there's the other half that you have to find. Maybe he's your other half, who knows" she comforted her.

Her sister knew that lately she'd been feeling very down about finding someone special in her life and that she was on the verge of giving up. It had only been a few weeks ago that she'd given her a lecture about never giving up. "He's out there somewhere," she'd say but that was always her, the optimist.

When she'd finally reached Kuwait, she kept roaming the streets wondering what he looked like. They continued to chat on line for six months when they'd finally agreed to meet. Luckily, it was Christmas time and her sister was home for the holidays and they were both excited that she was finally going to meet him. She needed the comfort of her sister.

"What do you think I should wear?" she desperately asked.

"Just be yourself, wear what makes you comfortable," answered her sister.

"Then it's got to be jeans," she replied.

She stood infront of the mirror as her heart began to pound. She wore her stone washed jeans, a black top with a black blazer and her favorite black cowboy boats.

"You're going to wear your cowboy boats?!" asked her sister looking horrified.

"You said wear what makes you comfortable and besides, if he doesn't like my style then he aint my style! Right?!" she replied.

Her sister smiled, nodded her head in agreement and finally added "Call me as soon as you're heading home. Oh and where are you meeting exactly? How are you gonna know each other? Shall I follow you, just in case?"

"We're meeting at the club by the Squash courts so it's a public place and so I'm safe. He told me he'll be carrying a red rose with him. Oh my God, how cliche! I can't believe I'm doing this! God! Ok, one more question and I'm gonna chicken out." she replied.

It was time she was on her way and she quickly kissed her sister goodbye and heard her yell out behind her "Good luck!".

As she drove to her destination, she could hear herself think. "Oh God, what if he's ugly? Looks aren't everything but what if he's gross? Looks aren't everything. What if he stinks? Looks aren't everything. OK. I can't breath. Damn it. Please God, let him be cute. Don't be so superficial for heaven's sake. I know. I know but please, make him cute anyway!" Her mind was going so fast that she couldn't keep up with it.

By the time she parked her car outside the club, she was a bundle of nerves. She took a deep breath and had her final conversation with God. "Whatever happens God, please don't let him be a psychopath!"

She stepped out of her car and walked slowly towards the entrance of the club. "Slowly, slowly, don't look rushed" she heard herself say.

From a distance, she could see someone standing at the reception and he looked like he was waiting for someone.

To be continued....

17 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

aaaah the suspense!! thiba7tina ya m3awda :D good job!!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger 3baid said...

"cowboy boats" you mean boots? :P

I wonder, Is this a true story? :]

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger A3sab said...

tell me more tell me more lalalala (the grease song)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger U.E. said...

Aaaackkk! You're killing me! *nervously biting my nails awaiting the next installment*

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

snookie...welcome! Thanks babe!

3baid...oops..typo alert...as for it being true...now wouldn't you like to know??!...:)

a3sab..."he got friendly holding my hand"...(damn I love grease!)

shopaholic q8eya...hehehe...

unknown entity...I better get the next one out soon...wouldn't want your nails to suffer..:)

samboose...sorry babe...I'll get the next one to be longer..la etzi3leen...:)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Miss Cosmo,
You did again! I am soo hooked to your stories.

Once I was set up on a blind date by a mutual friend, our first meeting was in starbux hilton and he looked HORRIFIC! No, seriously, he was repulsive (astaghfurallah) and I never ever ever wanted to go on a blind date again. Looks do matter, just a teeny weeny bit.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

CD..so true...no matter how much we want to believe that only the insides matter...in the end...we know that the outside matters too! You'll have to let us know what happened after you found out he was horrific! Do tell!

pizzaz...habeebti..love you too girl...we salamtich min el heart attack!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger A3sab said...

CD,I got married to my blind date!!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

"BOOOOO"

write the remaining x-episodes and make them into one looooong season finale

Finale.Want.NOW.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Closet Diva said...

Miss Cosmo, hehheh, not much to tell, except that it was an utter DISASTER. and that we had very little in common...

A3sab,
Mashallah, tharab ma3ach il 7ath. I enjoy hearing success stories :), but I'm still too tramautized.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

At last I got to read the story, i was saving it for when i wasnt rushed! MissCosmo 7aram 3alaich it sounds all so true like its happening in front of my eyes. but I don't see the relation with the episode before. Because i'm free I'm going to start and read from episode one! Yay!
:) Keep it up, and no we do not want a finale, I love the suspense and I want this to continue for another 10 years like Friends! :)

wv: uoozhbs (yooz hbs! Bas 3ad!)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

wow! i just read them all! And mashallah you're a great writer! I was so hooked that I even read most the comments, to see if I can find any clues here and there!
Perfect bedtime story, and now to bed....I have a big day today. :)

wv: wtdlvovo ( wa tdil vovo? wela ma tdil? Ana adil il6reej)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Peach said...

aaaw now ain't that sweet! I like how they met it's cute ;)

One question though! And depending on the answer I'm either gonna love our heroins fashion sence or totally hate it!

Cowboy boots under the jeans or on top?

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

a3sab...how exciting...tell me more..tell me more..:)

ma'cheezmo...thank you..that's so kind of you to say!..I'm glad you liked it!

temetwir...:)...thank you...but I'm not ready to go all the way..that's the fun of it being episodes...if it's a movie..you watch once and then it's over..but for episodes..you keep coming back..don't you think?

CD...well is a3sab said she got lucky then I suppose we shouldn't give up on blind dates...of course you'd have to pay me first and then I'll think about it!..:)

a daydreamer...next episode coming up soon...glad you liked it..loved your website!

DR...thanks habeebti...I'm so touched that you enjoyed it..

Peach...hmm...I'm guessing you'd prefer the cowboy boots under the jeans...if I'm mistaken then it was the other one..LOL!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger The Krispy Dixie said...

I like it! Cool story! This is the second episode I've read so far but I think I'm gonna back track and see what happened before!

Don't keep us waiting long!!! :P

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Peach said...

lol YeeeHa .. Ur good woman!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger ابراهيم الكندري said...

well done, amazing, you have it takes, and by the way I liked your site, you should continue, although I have to say I like your story telling better than the poetry, but anyway don't mind me, I hate English poetry, plus forget about shapes and categories Art is not categorizable, go on writting am waiting for the next part

 

Post a Comment

<< Home