Reflections of A Princess

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Conversations With A Man

Man: Wow, you’re pretty

Woman: Thanks

Man: I’m looking for a pretty woman

Woman: Oh really, that’s nice

Man: I think women have to take care of themselves after they get married, the man has the right to leave her, you know?

Woman: Oh really? What about the man?

Man: What about him?

Woman: Shouldn't he take care of himself too?

Man: (laughing!) It’s not the same thing. Anyway, like I said, the woman I’m with has to look pretty and STAY pretty!

Women: What about her intelligence?

Man: What do you mean?

Women: What I mean is her mind, should she be smart?

Man: (laughing) Oh no, definitely not. She should be pretty, that’s all that matters!

Woman: I don’t suppose you’d be interested in my poems then, I really think you should hear it

Man: (Bored) Ok..

Woman: Well, here it is….

She begins…

"It's called the

King Of Beast

I know not what lies in store
Nor do I ask for much more
Searching relentlessly for dreams
Hoping to find what it all means

Pleasure and pain you may ask
Why would one endure the task?
Pray, do not ask of me
What I for one cannot see

The very reason I do not know
Brought upon in life to grow
Provided with freedom and joy
While society declares me a toy

My gender is not one of opinion
Only beauty and a marked civilian
A man’s toy placed down the hall
To be at his own beck and call

Neither education nor wisdom they say
Only ones beauty and the role they play
The predator will seek his everlasting prey
And conquer he shall with no delay

So what differs us humans from animals?
No longer so strange to think us cannibals
Searching as hounds for the smell of prey
No minds to use, nor intelligence or brains

Can you turn back the years, if you please?
Take away my thoughts, my mind, my beliefs
And hand me over to a King of Beasts
To bare him his cubs and never have dreams

She stands up and smiles..

“I may be pretty but I’m not stupid so good bye and good luck”

as she walks away with her head held high...

13 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger The Stallion said...

It's guys like him that make our women become like 7alima Boland! NASTY!

Men like him are the type who are affraid of independant women than can stand up for herself and her beliefs!

We need more powerful women in our society to take down these superficial, selfish, ignorant, neanderthol, pig-headed men!

I'm sorry if I seemed so harsh but guys like him get on my nerves!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger nibaq said...

Was this Jazz again?

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Stallion..I know..I know...just wish they were all like you babe!

nibaq...LOl...good one!

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger 3baid said...

"Women: What about her intelligence?
Man: What do you mean?"

LOOOOOOOL! XD
A not-so-intelligent reply.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Lovely! Just lovely. I loved the poem. 3ad funnily enough I just posted a poem, but I didnt write it of course.

Stallion: Shfeha 7aleema Boland? Shes actually quite an intelligent lady. Dont look at her superficially, disregard the big hair & over-done accent & you'll see what I mean. :>

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Is this a real conversation or did you make it up?

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Amz said...

lol...ur suchha feminist ;p

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

3baid...exactly!!! glad you caught that..:)

DR..habeebti...thank you..you like??...:)...gotta go and check out the poem you posted...how cute of you to defend 7aleema Boland...I've heard a few people call her that...:)

Purg...bona fide truth...so help me God...

soulwater...lol...not really...I'm the kinda girl that refuses to open the door if there's a man standing...:)..

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Miss Cosmo: *BLUSH* Thanks!

DR: No offense or anything, but Halema doesn't show a speck of intellegance! Her superficial act is the only thing I know about her and because of that I said those things about her! If she showed any sign of intellegance then I wouldn't have said anything!

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Those are lots of words for such a guy, the conversation should have been much shorter, so summing up all the conversation

M: Man: Wow, you’re pretty

Woman: Thanks

Man: Wanna have sex?

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

fracta100..lik ahlain we sahlain..thank you!!...so glad you got it sooo right!

Purg...hhmm..I guess you would know..:)

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

zinzin...LOL!...thanks for making me laugh this morning..I really needed it!...yep..that's what it boils down to it..ya ama.wayiha mdawar...aw baitha...or samra...or the common...sha3arha 6aweel...etc..etc..etc...our minds mean nothing to them!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Hanan said...

You go gurl :) Show 'em what we're made of: sugar and spice and everything .... ur .... um .... what do you mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home