Reflections of A Princess

Monday, June 26, 2006

Spanish Wishes

Amazing how most countries have some ritual or another about making wishes....some countries have a wishing well...you toss a penny while making your wish...some have old mountains said to have listening skills when you whisper your wish...the moutain makes it come true...others...well..I guess in Kuwait we have our Turkish coffee and have the ba9ara tell us what we want to hear!...When it comes to the Spanish..it´s a whole different thing...On the 23rd of June (the first official day of summer), the Spaniards head to beach at night time...light a bon fire...sing Spanish love songs...party all night then finally light some candles make their wishes and toss them to the sea...Of course you would´ve had to pay me for me to miss this..so off I went with my new friend Ellaina from Ecuador and a German friend who´s name was too hard to pronounce so I called Flourine...

The beach was packed with humans...and I mean bodies and bodies of humans...you couldn´t see the sand...all you could see was flesh...and when I say flesh..I mean literrally flesh...topless women...half naked men...ten minutes and I´ve seen enough...I´m no party pooper but paleeeeeze...there was no air to breath..it was just way too crowded...standing looking at all this..I see an old black guy with broken teeth smoking something that stinks...I get nervous when he comes to chat with him...and so I walk off...suddenly I realise that I´m walking alone...Flourine...the German chick is chatting with him and telling him to join us! I turn to see where Elaina is and she´s chit chatting with a Spaniard and is now waving goodbye saying "I´ll see you later...Ciao.."....Right about now I´m ready to go back to the hotel...it´s 3:00 in the morning and I´m tired...I tell Flourine I´m leaving...she says her sad good byes to the black dude and I try my best not to give her a lecture but I just couldn´t...it just wouldn´t be me...even if I tried....I tell Flourine..."Why did you chat with that guy...he looked like a homeless man?" she giggles and says "we are having a good time and I wanted to show him a good time too"...I laugh "My dear....you don´t risk your life to make sure some stranger has a good time!...I don´t want to sound like your Mother (ofcourse I am anyway!) but you should be careful...he could be dangerous"...All of a sudden..she gets all emotional and says "thank you...I like you"....and she hugs me...how sweet I think..until her hug lingers...now I´m getting nervous....my mind wanders off to some TV channel and I´ve seen this scene before....(is she hugging me too close while she hangs on to my waste?)...Finally we´re at the hotel and I just can´t wait to get to my room..."what floor are you on?" she asks...."It´s ok...you go ahead...I need to tell the reception something about my room...I´ll see you tomorrow...Ciao"..that´s me rushing off before I have to face what would appear to be a pass by my Flourine chick...ok..back to my room...I come to the realisation that with all the festivities going on at the beach..I never got to make my wish...ah well...I think to myself..let me resort to what I believe is the bottom line...if it was meant to be..it´s meant to be...and I head to bed after having experienced another interesting Spanish night of rituals and wishes....and my last thoughts as I doze off...I think I´m ready to go home...;)

7 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

OMG!! That Flourine chick was about to rape you!!!

WOW!! It was really an exhausted day for you! You made me feel the tiredness you had =/

Come home =(

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger DiiGMaa said...

(with open arm)

come home darling... we miss you anyways ;***

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger The Stallion said...

!!! EDO PRIDE !!!

It's calling for you!

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger DaNDoOoSha said...

you are right ..! even if you didnt make your wish, you had fun and you have experinced a good day at the spanish beach :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

The best thing about experiences like this is that they give you a great story for parties!! Collect some more before you come home.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ambay sij tha7kteeny! im sure theres more ur not telling....ambay...flourine ha? lol thats just too funny...u got me into a giggly mood b4 i go to sleep heheheh

cant wait to have u back, we have a lot of catching up to do!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger sexygoba said...

Shit! What happened with Flourine then?

Be careful gurl! heehhe ;P. Enjoy!!! Sounds like ur having a good time!! Can't wait for more stories!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home