Reflections of A Princess

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Your Love and Support Is Needed Here..

My parents are in Lebanon and I'm shitting bricks...literally...(when I'm nervous you'll either find me constantly running to the bathroom...or sleeping...al heroob min el waki3 kind of thing!).....

Did I mention I hate politics?...well...I do!

After endless hours of trying to get a hold of them..I finally get through and they tell me that they're going to try to take the bus from Lebanon to Damascus...and then fly out from there....this is supposed to make me feel better...but then on CNN I get to hear announcements that "this is all Syria's fault"...so is Syria a safe haven or not???..I don't know whether to tell my parents to stay put or go to the next battlefield...again...did I mention I hate politics...ugh!

Two Kuwaitis have been killed in Southern Lebanon...more visits to the bathroom...I'm hooked on watching the news 24 hours....only to be reminded of the many times in my Middle East life that I had to do this...knowing very well that watching more news only makes it harder for one to keep his/her sanity...shit...I hate politics...

Imagine trying to "combat terrorism" these days....are you kidding me? How many terrorists do you think decided to see the light and stop being terrorists when they saw the Israelis bombing southern Lebanon....More realistically...how many new terrorists do you think were born last night after watching the reaction of most politicians who had no harsh words to say to Israel or worse said "that they had a right to defend themselves"...AS IF! "Defend themselves"....when you're a big giant bossing the weaker party around...and decide to show your muscles...you call that "Defending yourself"....God it makes you want to throw up!

HELP! I need somebody to feel with me on this....how long will politics play a role in my daily life when all one wants is to live a peaceful life?

Is there anywhere in the world that is safe? I need an island where nobody gives a shit about whose land is whose, what's your religion, what's your ethnic background, what's your color or any other stupid thing that's caused war in this stupid pathetic world....

Ya Allah...I know that You've seen the worst of this world...
I know that those that call themselves faithful ones have killed innocent men
and I know that there are men preferring to sleep with men than women
I know that there is too much hatred, greed and corruption
and killing and raping and lots of weapons of mass destruction
I know there are too many things that make this world an embarrassing place
Why would one save such humans who have caused their image a total disgrace

Dare I ask that you save us from ourselves?

Please pray with me that my parents come home safe...

19 Comments:

At 1:53 AM, Blogger Papillona ® said...

7abeebti,
I'm speechless
wallah I don't know what to do or say.. However, I do really understand your situation. I hope we'll all get through this tough time

Allah yraji3hom bilsalama

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Paps...thanks habeebti...this waiting business is killing me...I need a hug!

bojacob...Allah yeredhum besalama inshallah...I feel for you too...Allah ee3afee sms..but waiting for replies is like a dahar!

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Papillona ® said...

I need one too :(

(hugs)

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger U.E. said...

Standing by squeezing your hand and hoping alongside you habeebti. :(

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

unknown...thanks babe...I know I can always count on you for hugs!

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Nooni said...

(big hug)
oh dear, they will be home safe and sound, they will sweet heart.

just a little advice don't watch the news they are making things humongus and they are playing with words.

oh sweety (BIG HUGE HUG)

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

Heeeeeey!! You're back!! Hope this time you don't take time to write another post..

Allah yeraji3hom bissalama inshallah! My cousin is there too I'm so worried about her! Bes sij allah y3afi el sms.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Temetwir said...

very .. heart to heart
i feel you on this

allah y3eenich o ya rab yeredoon saalmeen wetshofeenhom b khair, sa7a o 3aafya

i think u already prayed, but also nethray .. it will calm your heart

please keep us posted

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

7ayati wallah u had me in tears, ya ba3ad galby dont worry o inshallah beridonlich bil salama, o i second temetwir nithray. La tkhafeen Allah 7afith'hom :************

"Is there anywhere in the world that is safe? I need an island where nobody gives a shit about whose land is whose, what's your religion, what's your ethnic background, what's your color or any other stupid thing that's caused war in this stupid pathetic world...."

When i read that paragraph i couldnt help but think one thing, this place doesnt exist bil dinya, its somewhere we will all see someday inshAllah.

Golaw Ameen.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger dishevelled said...

I hope your parents make it back safe. I have a lot of close friends there and I'm worried sick! So I can imagine how you're feeling... Inshalla that was the worst oo both sides come to their senses soon

If you ever find that island please tell me about it! I'm sick of governments being violent ignoring their people's plea's for peace, and I'm sick of those ignorant extremist militia's trying to the the ultimate hero fighting of Israel. Yuba mootaw oo fookuna min shar-kom!

I'm sick of violence, sick of war, sick of hypocracy and lies, sick of corruption! I'm just sick of it all. I've seriously been thinking that the whole world should rally saying we're SICK of it all!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Judy...thanks habeebti for the hug...my whole day has just been either rushing to the bathroom or sleeping...and I feel my head is about to explode...I can't tell you how tempting it is to switch on the television...but you're right..I'll only feel worse...hugs..

NuNu...Allah yesalmich habeebti...missed you...I hope your cousin comes back besalama too...and Allah ye9abirna!

shopa...I know..I know..talk about lousy timing! Allah yeredhum kiluhum be salama inshallah...

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

temetwir...thank you so much..Allah eysalmek o yesma3 minik...and I will inshallah...

DR..Ameeen!....siktay...ana ga3da bain thalal e9waf o at7al9amm...o rasee ebyenba9...kilish ma teswa 3alaina ha salfa...Allah yaster o inshallah khair...thanks habeebti...

dishevelled...ee walla...ee walla...something's just gotta give..enough already...shino hatha?!!! thanks for your words of support...and if you do ever plan that rally...let me know and I'll get the banners ready!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Flamingoliya said...

yerji3oon bissalamah enshalla... i was planning to go there in 2 weeks :/

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Extinct Dodo said...

inshallah yrdoon bilsalama

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Chai-7aleeb said...

أقرى كم صفحه من القرآن وبما أن اليو الجمعه،أقرى سورة الكهف

الله يردهم بالسلامه

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger iDip said...

الله يردهم بالسلامة

I don't know what to say, but..

keep us updated
&
طمنينا

praying for you all

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger The Stallion said...

Our hearts are with everyone in Lebanon! I have family members there who are in the mountains and they say that they will not be coming back due to the fact that where they are everything is normal and alll is well but I am worried about those who are in Beirut!

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

Flam...Allah yesalmich habeebti...you are really lucky that you didn't plan to leave earlier!

extinct...thank you...ameen...

idip...Allah yesalmek...thank you...and I really appreciate that..

sugarcoma...I know..I know..part of me wants to see the TV and a part of me is too petrified to watch...I'm so glad your brother is safe...hopefully I'll have news like that soon...and thanks for the positive thoughts..it truely made me feel better..:)

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

fracto...you are too sweet...Allah yekather min amthalak...it really is very kind of you to offer your place...you are one of a kind!

Stallion...Allah yeredhum be salama inshallah...My parents had said the same thing but I really had to beg and plead for them to leave...I really didn't want them to wait till they actually "Feel" something...At the rate the news is going...you just never know how ugly this is going to get!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home