Reflections of A Princess

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

To Fire or Not To Fire....

I'm not one to dwell on the past nor be pessimistic...but so far this two day year hasn't all shown me any kind of promise...

It took me forever to get to post anything...I haven't posted in ages so I've missed out on all this upgrade mumbo jumbo...

I'm not happy with it being freezing outside...

I'm about to fire one of my employees and I'm depressed that I gotta do that....maybe I'm naive..but if i tell you the story..I don't know if you'd believe me....and if you did...then...hell...where the hell have I been that shit like this happens in Kuwait!

It all started one morning when my little mit7ajba employee called me to tell me that she won't be coming in to work this morning....when I asked her why...this...my dear blogger friends is what she told me....in bloody broad daylight....

"I'm drunk!"

I was walking to my office when I stopped in my track...."Excuse Me??" I said.

"Yeah...I'm drunk...I know that you hate to be lied to so I'm telling you the truth..I mean I could tell you that I'm not feeling well...but...I won't lie to you...I'm drunk!"

Dumbfounded, I replied "You know...we're not in America here..and even if we were....I have a right to fire you for telling me this!"...

The word "Fire you" was all she heard and she then went into the pathetic whining that twenty year old do when they're in trouble...you know the kind...."laaa.....Allah ye7'aleech....la etsaween feeneee chithi....Wallaaa....wallaaa.....a7'er marra....blah...blah...blah...."

Part of me says...it's none of my business in the end....the girl does a good job in the office...granted she's not as experienced as I would've liked her to do...and granted if she was another poor other nationality...she'll probably wouldn't come in late all the time....or have her mobile stuck to her ear all the time when she's pretending to be talking to her Mom and you know very well she wouldn't talk to her Mom with that husky voice trying to sound sexy and all.....but then when I ask her to do something...she does.....

Having said all that...Damn it...why do I still have her in the office!!! Worst still...I heard her discussing with some other employee who was planning a trip to Dubai "yeeblee min eleee 7'obrak....and I swear...walla....ma ra7 ashraba ella ma3ak!!!"...

Is it just me...but do twenty year old mit7ajbas do this often????? WTF....have I been living in la la land...pretending that shit like this doesn't happen....or is this perfectly normal in my little innocent Kuwait when twenty somethings in my head are pretty little girls wearing the national dress on TV and dancing on some nice famous traditional song to the Ameer on some masra7...

All I remember saying to her was "6i7tee min 3ainee...which apparently upset her so much that she got into her car and actually came to work to beg for forgiveness!"

Dumb ass.....

I so want to go back to my innocent thoughts and believe shit like this isn't normal....and I'm so pissed she ruined the picture....but in the end...I still feel like shit thinking that I'm gonna have to fire that chick.....and this is not the way I wanted to start my new year....the idiot actually thought I was gonna call her Mom and tell her....yeah...like I have time!

I tell you....if you were in my shoe....what would you do?

17 Comments:

At 4:45 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Fire her, simple.

I do not understand though why you repeat the term mit7ajba in your post, how someone dresses does not apply to how they behave.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Cackile arabica said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger EniGma said...

If she's doing her job the way you want her to, then don't fire her just because of this one time. What she does outside the office is her own business, as long as its not affecting her performance and as long as she's not getting into trouble with the law, then I don't think you should fire her. I bet other employees drink and stuff, but they don't tell you about it. If she does it again, that's another story.
And being met7ajba has nothing to do with it. Most of them are forced into it anyway.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Closet Diva said...

hey babe! Happy new year to you :).

Now about your situation, I don't think you should fire someone because of their moral shortcomings. Its her business and nobody else's, however since it did get in the way of her work, you should probably have a talk with her. Tell her something along the lines of how her partying shouldn't get in the way of her job, or else!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger error said...

are you religious?

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Just remember this, if you do not fire her and later out she is caught for any other offence at work and they find out about her drinking and you knowing, you two will be canned and you cannot defend aganist that because alcohol is not sold here legally, hence, kick her out and get it done with, regardless of what she is doing at her job, and I think you are a very soft boss if you do not kick her and it will come back to hanut you, and am more than happy to come and kick her out for a fee of course.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

If I were in your shoe, I would have a long talk with her and try to make her tell me the background of all this and advice her to get treatment and then kick her.
I think she is just a poor girl who got with some bad company and got hooked!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger um-miT3ib said...

sho7eeha ib joootiyich

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Happy New Year sweetie! :***

Hmmmmmmm.
I dont think u should fire her :/

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger AngeL said...

ok... Kuwait is sooo not inoccent at all.... im talking exacly like america but worse in a way... bs the thing is its all under ground!! i know.. i saw it... i was in that group.. kuwait is as bad as any where else! and to be honest... she told you the truth.. honesty! she didnt lie.. she told you upfront... and what she talks about and what she does shouldnt be anyones bussnis if it isnt effecting you or the people around her!!! im not trying to afend you or anything.. i mean if she does good at her work.. i mean no one is perfect... but if she does what she is told and she is honest!!! i mean what and who would tell their boss something that honest!!!! i know i wouldnt!!! she was tough enough to say that and trust you like that.. u know she will be honest at work and what she does!!! thats just what i think...

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger AngeL said...

me and Enigma comment are almost the same heheh... ohh and being met7agba doesnt fool anyone!!!!! everyone is who they are with or with out it... and maybe she was forced into it... my best friend... ma a3arefha if she wears her hijab.. she never wears it cuz her dad forced it on her!!!!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

shal khibla! Fire her o chinna il3eed :p ma sma3at bil mathal " dont mix personal lives with business ones" aw something on that line. Ilee sawita unprofessional, it doesnt matter if its her way of being 'honest' wiyach. O anyways im a FIRM believer ina a person's dress should portray their akhlaqiyat, witha ihya all along shes been dressing appropriately i would be suprised to hear it from her too!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger phoenix said...

NOT ALL mit7ajbat do that.. It's not O.K! I feel sick just reading about it... Allah yahdeeha inshallah.

And in the end, the choice is yours

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Has she been fired yet"? When will she be fired? Why is she not fired?

I say hire cute guys a7sanlech, you can forgive them if they did the same :P

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Dr.Lost said...

dont fire her less it affects her performance at work..

and btw.. u're the worst friend ever ;/ me no like u ever again... nevvaaaaaaaaaah ...

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

Ma9addig, fire her ass!
you never say that to your boss i mean the least she could do is pretend to be sick and shut up about it.dumb dumb dumb

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger A3sab said...

continuation:

I think you should fire not because she told you she was drunk but the fact that she is a whiner and she actually thought you were going to tell her mom...wain ga3deen
oh happy new year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home